Start at the very beginning
by, 29-01-08 at 22:55 (373 Views)
Right, so this is where I'm going to put down in words and piccies, how I've rebuilt and modified a nearly dead slabby.
Ok so last March I picked this up off ebay
It was cheap and it was fucked but I liked the way it hung together
A quick inspection at home told me that.............
The engine was held together with orange hermashite, the exhaust was more holes than steel, the fork seals had gone, rear shock was rust,etc, etc, etc.
But I was'nt too bothered as this was going to be a full rebuild anyway, it was just going to cost more
Obviously the first thing was a complete strip down and for once that went like clockwork, no stipped threads, or rounded nuts, or seized bolts, it just basically fell apart
Once it was down I decided to start on the frame mods first, so I hacked off the subframe and mocked up the seat unit on a proper K2 subby
One thing I wanted was a nice smooth flow between tank and seat unit
This is one of the main areas that will help the bike gel together
Once I was happy with that the next job was to make some brackets up to take the new subframe.
These were measured up and made at work during breaks and quiet times
Couple more pics in next post