Indian Ice cream or my version of it.
by, 24-01-10 at 18:32 (694 Views)
This is an easy to make ice cream and quite moreish. Sadly the only recipe I have makes loads and loads of it
3 x 400ml cans of evaporated milk
3 egg whites
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tbsp rose water
1½ cups of chopped pistachios
¾ cup sultanas
¾ cup flaked (chopped) almonds
3 tbsp glace cherries
1. Remove the labels from the cans, lay the cans in a pan with a tight fitting lid, fill the pan with water to come up ¾ of the way up the cans. Bring the water to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. When cool remove from the water and chill in a fridge for 24 hours. Also chill a large bowl.
3. Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until peaks form. Open the cans and empty the milk into the chilled bowl. Whisk until doubled in quantity then fold in the egg whites and the sugar.
4. Gently fold in the other ingredients, cover the bowl with cling film and place in the freezer.
5. After 30 mins check the ice cream, you want the ice cream to be just setting so keep checking on it. Once its almost set remove from the freezer, remove the clingfilm and give it a mix with a fork, you will find that most of the solid ingredients have fallen to the bottom. Return it to the freezer.
6. Repeat step 5 and transfer the mix to the serving bowl and return to the freezer.
7. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving to allow it to soften up.
Total Trackbacks 0