TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
Like Tree13Likes

Section 5: Govt admits defeat

Originally Posted by KorkyKat A bit like families .. being well...nasty. And a few hours later everybody is happy. And they all lived happily for ...

  1. #31
    Really Bored Fruity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the crack between Cleveland and Durham
    Posts
    3,631
    Liked
    653 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by KorkyKat View Post
    A bit like families .. being well...nasty. And a few hours later everybody is happy. And they all lived happily for ever and ever.


    But we all know that ^ doesn't always happen, hence why domestic violence and child protection issues are high on the agenda for interested agencies.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!


  2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
  3. #32
    Should Get Out More KorkyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Anarchia
    Posts
    15,240
    Liked
    2217 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Here you are Fruity. How it fails.

    I was once slandered by some scum bags - like the police get - when I was a local government employee. My union and employers said it wasn't worth taking action because the scum bags didn't have any money and you can't seize their assets because he house belonged to the council.

    Law = fail

    Perks of the job
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  4. #33
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,655
    Liked
    1515 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by KorkyKat View Post
    Here you are Fruity. How it fails.

    I was once slandered by some scum bags - like the police get - when I was a local government employee. My union and employers said it wasn't worth taking action because the scum bags didn't have any money and you can't seize their assets because he house belonged to the council.

    Law = fail

    Perks of the job
    So some nasty people called you names. MTFU and get over it, life is sometimes a bit shitty, but the alternative is no better.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  5. #34
    Should Get Out More KorkyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Anarchia
    Posts
    15,240
    Liked
    2217 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruity View Post
    But we all know that ^ doesn't always happen, hence why domestic violence and child protection issues are high on the agenda for interested agencies.
    Domestic violence and abuse of children - bad

    Agencies would be more than busy if they had to resolve every verbal altercation that takes place between families. A big difference. How many officers have split up arguing couples and told them to 'grow up' and left them to nurse their egos? Best not start counting.

    Yes, like you, I have witnessed verbal aggression toward children more times than I can remember. Even worse are those who exact punishment in more subtle ways.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  6. #35
    Really Bored Fruity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the crack between Cleveland and Durham
    Posts
    3,631
    Liked
    653 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by KorkyKat View Post
    How it fails.

    I was once slandered by some scum bags - like the police get - when I was a local government employee. My union and employers said it wasn't worth taking action because the scum bags didn't have any money and you can't seize their assets because he house belonged to the council.

    Law = fail


    That ^ reads to me as though your union and employer agreed it was actionable. Law = win.

    ... but decided it wasn't worth it. Money = fail.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  7. #36
    Should Get Out More KorkyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Anarchia
    Posts
    15,240
    Liked
    2217 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    So some nasty people called you names. MTFU and get over it, life is sometimes a bit shitty, but the alternative is no better.
    A gross over simplification Jack. Imagine if you were in one of the professions such as a doctor or a copper and the local shits spread malicious rumours about you because they couldn't get what they wanted from you. Do you then MTFU? Shrug it off or give the fuckers a good hiding?

    Personally I would rely on my excellent reputation and just regard them as the shit that they are. One should never value the comments of people that one does not value. An excellent strategy which I commend to all those who join the professions.

    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  8. #37
    Should Get Out More KorkyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Anarchia
    Posts
    15,240
    Liked
    2217 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruity View Post
    That ^ reads to me as though your union and employer agreed it was actionable. Law = win.

    ... but decided it wasn't worth it. Money = fail.
    Yes. Money fail. Imagine the local rag headlines. "Council wastes 75 thousand pounds of tax payers' suing no good scum bags. We demand an enquiry!"

    They would also have enjoyed the day in court as it would have brought a little excitement to their miserable lives.

    Until they introduce the Korky Kourt method it is still a law fail.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  9. #38
    Sneaking up behind you Bigyin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    18,198
    Liked
    4272 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by KorkyKat View Post
    Yes. Money fail. Imagine the local rag headlines. "Council wastes 75 thousand pounds of tax payers' suing no good scum bags. We demand an enquiry!"

    They would also have enjoyed the day in court as it would have brought a little excitement to their miserable lives.

    Until they introduce the Korky Kourt method it is still a law fail.
    Nope, you would have won but as the offenders didnt have any proceeds to cover the costs your employers decided to bin the action as there was a financial loss on their part.

    Law=Win

    Balance sheet=Loss



    In the big scheme of things this amendment to Sec 5 means very little...............if you call someone a cuddly wuddly beary beary boo who takes offence to it and regards it as abusive and causes alarm, harrassment and distress you are still getting nicked.............the only difference is the removal of insulting which is going to make some big time lawyers a fortune arguing it at the Old Bailey but have very little effect on the great british public at large
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  10. #39
    Should Get Out More KorkyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Anarchia
    Posts
    15,240
    Liked
    2217 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    Nope, you would have won but as the offenders didnt have any proceeds to cover the costs your employers decided to bin the action as there was a financial loss on their part.

    Law=Win

    Balance sheet=Loss
    Law - Judiciary = Fail.

    Why? The system is designed for suing only those who have money to get redress. Maybe a large fine with the threat of up to ten years in prison would be a better alternative to shut up the maliciousness of scum bags. Failing that the stocks in the market place.

    Some laws are designed to serve and protect the weak, feeble, frail and those of a delicate and fragile disposition. But to feel hurt, harassed and distressed at being called a cuddly wuddly beary beary boo suggests they need psychiatric help. But then that would remove yet another power from the police. Oh dear whatever would they do?
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  11. #40
    Should Get Out More Splat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    10,849
    Liked
    1457 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    In the big scheme of things this amendment to Sec 5 means very little...............if you call someone a cuddly wuddly beary beary boo who takes offence to it and regards it as abusive and causes alarm, harrassment and distress you are still getting nicked.............the only difference is the removal of insulting which is going to make some big time lawyers a fortune arguing it at the Old Bailey but have very little effect on the great british public at large
    You've just implied the public at large are cuddly wuddly beary beary boos.

    Please, don't feel insulted by my , I'd be alarmed and distressed if you were.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  12. #41
    Should Get Out More KorkyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Anarchia
    Posts
    15,240
    Liked
    2217 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Here you are Nippy. Don't give up the fight.

    Neigh More Don’t Ask Don’t Tell

    And...

    "It is interesting to note that the objection the Police have to its removal is that it a ‘valuable tool’ to the maintenance of public order!"

    http://ukhumanrightsblog.com/2013/01...till-criminal/
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  13. #42
    Sneaking up behind you Bigyin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    18,198
    Liked
    4272 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by Splat View Post
    You've just implied the public at large are cuddly wuddly beary beary boos.

    Please, don't feel insulted by my , I'd be alarmed and distressed if you were.
    Nope, I just implied the great British public will never have any contact with this law or the consequences of it and its change. The small minority who seek to try and exploit the change will probably still end up in hot water for something else as its not the only law that can be applied under sec 1 of "being a twat in a public place"
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  14. #43
    Really Bored Nippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    3,794
    Liked
    770 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by KorkyKat View Post
    Here you are Nippy. Don't give up the fight.

    Neigh More Don’t Ask Don’t Tell

    And...

    "It is interesting to note that the objection the Police have to its removal is that it a ‘valuable tool’ to the maintenance of public order!"

    Public insults to be legalised but grossly offensive messages still criminal | UK Human Rights Blog
    Once again I mostly agree with Anna Raccoon (not always though).

    It seems to me, for those that think that abusive and insulting are the same, that KK's oft-quoted phrase that "Tories are vermin" is a good example of non-abusive but insulting words.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  15. #44
    Should Get Out More saga_lout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Exiled in Essex
    Posts
    15,082
    Liked
    3387 times

    Default Re: Section 5: Govt admits defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by KorkyKat View Post
    ...One should never value the comments of people that one does not value. An excellent strategy which I commend to all those who join the professions.



    I made pretty much the same point here: http://www.therevcounter.co.uk/general...ml#post1862555
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum