TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 74
Like Tree12Likes

Jimmy Tarbuck

This worries me because when I was 10 Tarbuck bought me a Mars bar at a gold course near Liphook and then offered to take ...

  1. #31
    Not Much To Do
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    426
    Liked
    97 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    This worries me because when I was 10 Tarbuck bought me a Mars bar at a gold course near Liphook and then offered to take me for a ride on the electric car. I used to go there to steal and sell golf balls. But anyway, ye.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!


  2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
  3. #32
    Should Get Out More Gedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southern Hampshire
    Posts
    16,702
    Liked
    2951 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by the phantom pieman View Post
    So where are the prosecutions of the businessmen, politicians and police? - the culture of "a bit of young" was not invented by Savile. It may have been catatlysed by the media and laisefaire attitude to sex and free love but I would guess the whole of the establishment were involved in some way or another. Unless Broadcasting House was just the only den of kiddie fiddlers ... So it's just media and the ents business then?
    Lets face it, the Mets reputation for leaks, illegal payments, corruption in the noughties and beyond isn't great - just imagine what the 60s were like. Or are you assurig me, they knew nothing about such goings on deep in the fabric of society?

    I didn't say the victims are making it up - but there are a fair number of compo chasers getting in on the action.
    As you clearly dont know how or simply CBA to try here is just one google result..

    Policeman jailed for possession of indecent pictures of children - Local - Portsmouth News

    as for what the Met did and didnt know...it would seem different standards applied back then both towards the offences and also towards the offenders...but I am willing to bet for every Saville ccase that was dropped . thousands of 'normal' complaints were also discontinued..the pathetic idea that it was just the beeb and just the Met covering up for them is simply too laughable to consider....
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  4. #33
    Should Get Out More Gedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southern Hampshire
    Posts
    16,702
    Liked
    2951 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by fingerpuk View Post
    This worries me because when I was 10 Tarbuck bought me a Mars bar at a gold course near Liphook and then offered to take me for a ride on the electric car. I used to go there to steal and sell golf balls. But anyway, ye.
    Surprised you didnt encounter Saville around the village at the same time..he was always in the Links pub when he stayed at Forest Mere..
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  5. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Devon/Cornwall
    Posts
    4,299
    Liked
    1341 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by the phantom pieman View Post
    And good to see that the victims of Hall have decided to pursue the BBC for compensation ... so that isn't part of the motivation, at all, is it?
    It's amazing how a wedge of hard cash can ease many years of utter anguish and calm a tortured soul.

    Once upon a time a conviction and appropriate sentence used to suffice.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  6. #35
    Really Bored fastfitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,739
    Liked
    1273 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Whenever a victim trots out "It's not about the money" any compo should be withdrawn immediately or sent to a chariddy instead.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  7. #36
    Should Get Out More the phantom pieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    7,281
    Liked
    1410 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by Jollyjack View Post
    It's amazing how a wedge of hard cash can ease many years of utter anguish and calm a tortured soul.

    Once upon a time a conviction and appropriate sentence used to suffice.
    Yeah - I can understand wanting closure , or even getting revenge. But money seems to sort that out now ... that and an interview with Hello magazine and/or This Morning
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  8. #37
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,553
    Liked
    1774 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by the phantom pieman View Post
    Yeah - I can understand wanting closure , or even getting revenge. But money seems to sort that out now ... that and an interview with Hello magazine and/or This Morning
    Someone has to fill the gap left by the News of the Screws.

    <cynic mode on>I wonder how many of these stories would have broken before Leveson did his enquiry?
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  9. #38
    Should Get Out More Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the road. Again.
    Posts
    30,581
    Liked
    4330 times
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by Gedge View Post
    It would be if he was doing it to my child ,..would you be haoppy if he did it to yours?? are you now going to defend perverts on the basis that they didnt do 'very much'?
    It's difficult to make that argument for some crimes. Murder is still murder (erm, unless it's manslaughter) however crime is not always quite as absolute. A speeding ticket is a speeding ticket but one that's 3mph over the limit will be treated different from one that's 30 over. So an indecent assault comprising of an unwanted kiss is not the same as a fumble of the bits. Of course, no parent would be happy with either, which is why parents aren't called on by the courts to judge guilt or pass sentence. And the lack of complaints until recently suggests Hall's actions were not at the most serious end of the range.

    None of this changes the wrongness, in my view, of providing anonymity to one party to the alleged crime while allowing the name of the accused (innocent until proven guilty or covered by media) to be publicised, effectively destroying their career and social standing before they even set foot in a courtroom.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  10. #39
    Should Get Out More Gedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southern Hampshire
    Posts
    16,702
    Liked
    2951 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    It's difficult to make that argument for some crimes. Murder is still murder (erm, unless it's manslaughter) however crime is not always quite as absolute. A speeding ticket is a speeding ticket but one that's 3mph over the limit will be treated different from one that's 30 over. So an indecent assault comprising of an unwanted kiss is not the same as a fumble of the bits. Of course, no parent would be happy with either, which is why parents aren't called on by the courts to judge guilt or pass sentence. And the lack of complaints until recently suggests Hall's actions were not at the most serious end of the range.

    None of this changes the wrongness, in my view, of providing anonymity to one party to the alleged crime while allowing the name of the accused (innocent until proven guilty or covered by media) to be publicised, effectively destroying their career and social standing before they even set foot in a courtroom.
    well thanks for clearing that up .. I do hope somebody has informed the judge.. ( where does grabbing girls and forcing himself upon them fit into this scale? and like, Murder is murder, is an indecent assault an indecent assault or not? the punishment may vary but the crime is the same offence..)

    BTW Do you think the Rape charge that has been kept on file ( ie not dismissed/ not found not guilty) is also at the less serious end of the range?? perhaps accepting a guilty plea top 13 indecent assaults was the equivalent of accepting a speeding ticket in lieu of a dangerous driving charge?
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  11. #40
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,648
    Liked
    1562 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by Gedge View Post
    BTW Do you think the Rape charge that has been kept on file ( ie not dismissed/ not found not guilty) is also at the less serious end of the range?? perhaps accepting a guilty plea top 13 indecent assaults was the equivalent of accepting a speeding ticket in lieu of a dangerous driving charge?
    Perhaps it was, perhaps it was just an old man accepting that, with 13 charges, he was never going to beat them all, so plead guilty and hope for more-lenient treatment because of the Guilty plea. You don't know, I don't know, probably only Hall and his lawyers actually know. But I am keeping an open mind, you seem to have joined the red-top brigade.

    I'm sorry, I dislike paedophiles as much as you do, but I am intensely suspicious of allegations that take 30 or 40 years to surface. If you haven't complained after 20 years best keep schtum.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  12. #41
    Should Get Out More wobbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    surburbia
    Posts
    7,799
    Liked
    1475 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    perhaps it was just an old man accepting that, with 13 charges, he was never going to beat them all, so plead guilty and hope for more-lenient treatment because of the Guilty plea.
    Are you honestly suggesting that any man would admit to charges as abhorrent as these if they hadn't actually done it? No fucking way, I'd rather rot in a cell protesting my innocence until my final breath, and I reckon most people would do likewise.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  13. #42
    Should Get Out More Thermostat9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10,742
    Liked
    2101 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by wobbler View Post
    Are you honestly suggesting that any man would admit to charges as abhorrent as these
    How 'abhorrent' were they exactly?
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  14. #43
    Should Get Out More Gedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southern Hampshire
    Posts
    16,702
    Liked
    2951 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    Perhaps it was, perhaps it was just an old man accepting that, with 13 charges, he was never going to beat them all, so plead guilty and hope for more-lenient treatment because of the Guilty plea. You don't know, I don't know, probably only Hall and his lawyers actually know. But I am keeping an open mind, you seem to have joined the red-top brigade.

    I'm sorry, I dislike paedophiles as much as you do, but I am intensely suspicious of allegations that take 30 or 40 years to surface. If you haven't complained after 20 years best keep schtum.
    A man of his wealth can easily afford to defend himself against malicious and unfounded allegations ( especially ones that are 30 yrs old)..the fact that he has pleaded guilty means as far as I am concerned that he is as guilty as anyone can be...if he chose to admit offences that he didnt commit then he would be a fool ..as would anyone that thinks that 13 allegations can ALL be made up..read the CPS comments about his systematic behaviour, and read up on how such crimes are investigated before leaping to the defence of a paedophile....


    PS just because they were raised now and investigated doesnt mean that they werent previously reported and either disbelieved or not pursued due to lack of evidence at that time....
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  15. #44
    Should Get Out More KorkyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Anarchia
    Posts
    11,863
    Liked
    1769 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by Jollyjack View Post
    It's amazing how a wedge of hard cash can ease many years of utter anguish and calm a tortured soul.

    Once upon a time a conviction and appropriate sentence used to suffice.
    Indeed and as was reported to day there has been a significant rise in the number of claimants to Stuart Hall's estate.

    Quote Originally Posted by the phantom pieman View Post
    No - that is not what I meant , nor said.
    I would like other 60-90 year olds also to get arrested from other high profile walks of life. There just seems to be a "focus" on one sector at the moment
    Hmm..yes. Part of my theory. Strange how those 'others' only seem to appear when they are long gone and dead - Cyril Smith springs to mind. Then there was the North Wales homes - long grass etc. Oh and the Masons.

    Hums the Michel Legrand song.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

  16. #45
    Should Get Out More wobbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    surburbia
    Posts
    7,799
    Liked
    1475 times

    Default Re: Jimmy Tarbuck

    Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat9 View Post
    How 'abhorrent' were they exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Broadcaster Stuart Hall has been charged with one offence of rape and 14 offences of indecent assault, Lancashire Police have said.

    The rape is alleged to have been committed in 1976 against a 22-year-old woman.
    The indecent assaults are alleged to have taken place between 1967 and 1986 on 10 girls aged between nine and 16
    1 rape against an adult and 14 indecent assaults against minors. Abhorrent enough to not admit it if you hadn't done it, wouldn't you say?
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum