TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Recommended Mechanics

Liked 615 in 410 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The good mechanics

Welcome to TRC.
    The rumours about the Hedgehog are ALL true

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by protoborg View Post
    Welcome to TRC.
    The rumours about the Hedgehog are ALL true
    Thanks

I'll keep a look out then!

Liked 196 in 76 posts

For speedo/revcounter/clocks repairs:

Scorpio Electronics - Home

Scorpio Electronics
    265 Wootton Road
    King's Lynn
    Norfolk
    PE30 3AR
    Tel: 01553 670891
    Tel: 07768 624062

Really helpful, and they repair stuff sent to them by post! Sorted Muz's Triumph Speed Triple clocks when they died due to condensation

A Bit Bored
    Liked 7 in 5 posts

Reviving an old thread, but if you are down this way then I highly recommend West Wales Motorcycles.

Excellent service, friendly and relaxed atmosphere and they can do just about anything you want ... They are also pocket friendly.

Give Kevin or Tracy a call on 01646 629041

WEST WALES MOTOR CYCLES LTD
    Uni 1, Carew Airfield Pavillion
    Carew
    TENBY
    Dyfed
    Wales
    SA70 8SX

A Bit Bored
    Liked 14 in 9 posts

graham @ bolton kawasaki, good man to know, loads of knowlage

A Bit Bored
    Liked 14 in 9 posts

Default Re: Recommended Mechanics

i do a bit, dont have full workshop, i do have lifts and a good tool box and am happy to help local lads and gals

A Bit Bored
    Liked: 1/1

Horrible experience this morning with Adam Bishop, mobile motorbike mechanic of a firm called Optiflow.

Talks incessantly, then tells you you "make him nervous" when you move around him (as he himself acknowledges is the natural thing to do for a client who wants to see the work don eon his "baby").

Spends a lot of time looking for tools (extremely dirty and disorderly van), talks all the time, complains he is thirsty, I go to the next shop and buy him an ice tea, doesn't even say "thanks". In everything, he is unorganised and

haphazard, the very definition of "shambolic". When he can't find tools, he complains they might have been stolen by other clients.

Removes gas cable (we decide not to change it), then can't put it again in his place and needs half an hour of consulting the workshop manual (which I had brought with me) before finally managing (after another half an hour) to set it

right (or so he thinks). It's my fault, because I make him nervous. Then goes on incessantly on how good the engineering of the bike is, at this point I stay always silent in order not to get the blame.

Discovers that a coil has a precarious electrical connection, and wants to remove the coil. I say yes as I had a spare, as he says it's a work of five minutes. Wastes thirty minutes trying to make the new coil fit, discovering very late

the screws, the electrical connection don't fit, then every time wastes more time trying to make them fit, I need to tell him *twice* to remount the old one with the existing connection and and be done with it, but again "it's my fault"

because I "make him nervous" and "pose questions". Again, the man talks incessantly, he talks alone even I remain silent because I notice he can't work and talk at the same time.

I tell him just for security at 12:30 pm I need to be at home at 3pm because a contractor must visit, says it's not a problem. At 2pm says we're almost done.

At 2:30 discovers the gas cable is wrongly set. I ask "do you mean I can't ride now", he says "oh you can ride but the throttle will accelerate when you turn on the right", I obviously say it's not acceptable and I wonder about hsi

standards of safety. He says again (at 2:30PM) "I must go back another day and put this right".

I say "no, I want the work to be finished today, if needs be I will move the appointment with the contractor".

After another ten minutes he says again "I will need to go back another day" after he had said work was "almost finished", God knows what other mess of his making he had discovered! I am rather angry now and say, very politely, "fine,

but you get paid when the work is finished". This wasn't a threat, by the way, merely a suggestion. I expected him to say "of course, it was my fault, it goes without saying".

Instead, he gets very angry and says he will impound the bike if I don't pay. I am very surprised at his absolutely uncalled for, almost hysteric reaction and *immediately* (means: immediately) answer to him "fine, I will pay you today as you wish, **but stay and finish the work, I will move the appointment with the contractor**". He says yes to this, but keeps saying "you will pay me today or I'll have the bike impounded" even after I keep giving him reassurance I would. A truly hysteric reaction.

At this point Adam Bishop told me he would finish the work, so the contractor will have to give. I go away to call the contractor and to apologise to him, cancel the appointment with him and examine further options when he can come to my place. When I go back (less than ten minutes) the man is finishing putting his things on the van, the work his not finished. I ask him what he is doing, he keeps threatening to impound the bike if I don't pay, truly a broken record. I repeat him again (this time not with a gentle voice) that I told him several times I would pay, so he should finish the work. "Too late!!" he shouts in my face, red with rage. Strangely enough **he still expects to come back and extract more money out of me for his incessant talking and messing with my bike**. I tell him very plainly I will pay him today, but he'll never see me again, and I'll have the work finished by someone who knows what he is doing.

The keys are gone. I ask him "where are the kes", he says "you have the keys". I say to him I will call the police on the spot and grab the phone, he immediately "finds" the keys, which "were in the van" (who knows how; they were on the

bike last time I saw them).

I tell him I would write on the internet about my experience with him, he threatens "retaliation" if I do (he really used this word: "retaliation").

I pay him his 186 for leaving a bike I can't ride and having made a mess of everything.

As I put the bike in the garage I notice **he has dismounted a previously mounted carburetor**, what other mess he has done whilst I was on the phone I don't know, I will discover it when I have the work finished (not by him, of course).

**This post is also an account I will give to the police if I discover he has tampered with the bike when I was away making the phone call to the contractor**.

Never have I met a man with such an attitude, and an arrogance matched only by his incompetence. His decision to stop working after I told him many times, and immediately upon his unbelievable reaction, that *****I would pay him***** is beyond unprofessional. He completely "flipped out" when I mentioned (tentatively, actually) that I would not pay him on the day, and once he had flipped he was never able to get back to normal behaviour.

Let me repeat a couple of things for your benefit:

1) I immediately told him I would pay on the day when I saw his unhinged reaction. I merely asked him to finish the work on the day, I would postpone the other appointment.

2) he agreed to finish the work, which is why I went away to make the phone call. Then he flipped out again whilst I was away, for reasons unknown to me.

I am witing for his "retaliation" now, and I am very curious. If any other mobile mechanic refuses the work I will post about him too, but I doubt people will be ready to lose business for a man like this one.

Some will disagree with me, some will perhaps report good experiences. He will mobilise his clients, I am sure.

I write this as a word to the wise.

Do with it what you like.

A Bit Bored
    Liked: 1/1

Errata corrige:

" he talked for the two of us anyway".

3) "he truly believed"

apologies for the typos.

Omobono.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,220 in 858 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Omobono View Post
    Horrible experience this morning with Adam Bishop, mobile motorbike mechanic of a firm called Optiflow.
    This would seem to be the guy. http://www.optiflowuk.com/

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Re: Recommended Mechanics

Any Yamaha mechanic in London area who is worth recommending?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Go Back to Forum My Forum