TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Girl..supermoto... :-S

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Re: Girl..supermoto... :-S

Quote Originally Posted by PG View Post
    I have deeply ingrained ghey from accidently flipping a C90 as a yoof
    Lol - that was my introduction to bikes a lad got me on a C90, stood down on the gearshift rocker thingy, said "rev it flat out" and took his foot off

Welcom, Charlotte, BTW

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

[QUOTE

Welcom, Charlotte, BTW [/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Liked: 1/1

Quote Originally Posted by GLM View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!

You need somewhere safe and quiet to practice, with someone who is shot hot.
    Or book yourself in to The Wheelie School and have Fishman teach you the art of throttle control so you can learn safely.

Else you'll be picking up pieces of you and your bike from the floor.

Wheelies are not about just chopping and smashing the throttle open. Anyone who can wheelie well will tell you that.

Off the bottom in 2nd ro 3rd with the slightest whiff of throttle and some clutch is the smoothest safest way with a DRZ.

+1

only a f--ktard chops the throttle off and on to wheelie

welcome charlotte, very nice looking bike you have got there

Liked 1,472 in 1,015 posts

Hi Charlotte, you can get lowering links for your DRZ although you will need to order from the States. Try ThumperTalk and search either the DRZ forum or shop.

If you want to get in touch with other ladies on supermoto's then go to www.ktmforum.com . Yes it's primarily for KTM's but it's one of the busiest supermoto sites. MissMiniMofo (MMM) is one of the ladies that rides and she is verging on midget size

Enjoy the DRZ, I did with mine.

Should Get Out More Screwdriver's Avatar
    Liked 3,909 in 1,783 posts

New bikes are always difficult to ride because you really don't want to drop it. So your best bet is to get some crash bungs on there asap, fit some handguards and just ride it. Seriously, I wouldn't recommend lowering the bike, you'll get used to the height. I'm not much taller than you and ride bikes like this all the time. Just a question of practice.

Speaking of which, the DRZ400 is an excellent bike to practice on, you really don't need less power since the DR is already very controllable. You need to find a couple of mates to ride with on similar bikes, find a quiet industrial estate or carpark/airfield and practice machine control (I'm thinking wheelies). Don't worry too much about "backing it in", that's really for supermoto gods. Very few people I've met can do it, it's really the preserve of racers.

Wheelies come quite easy after a few weeks regular practice. And if you stop doing them, it goes away again! As for "proper" riding, I personally wouldn't worry too much about sticking your leg out like the racers. I am much faster on SMs riding them street style, knee down etc.

If you do find a nice quiet place to play, it's worth setting out a couple of cones and doing figure of eight, both super slow (using the back brake!) and with a bigger circuit, super fast. That will bring your confidence up. The DR is a great little bike, protect it (and yourself) and don't be scared to drop it once in a while. They do crash well!

Screwd.

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    New bikes are always difficult to ride because you really don't want to drop it. So your best bet is to get some crash bungs on there asap, fit some handguards and just ride it. Seriously, I wouldn't recommend lowering the bike, you'll get used to the height. I'm not much taller than you and ride bikes like this all the time. Just a question of practice.

Speaking of which, the DRZ400 is an excellent bike to practice on, you really don't need less power since the DR is already very controllable. You need to find a couple of mates to ride with on similar bikes, find a quiet industrial estate or carpark/airfield and practice machine control (I'm thinking wheelies). Don't worry too much about "backing it in", that's really for supermoto gods. Very few people I've met can do it, it's really the preserve of racers.

Wheelies come quite easy after a few weeks regular practice. And if you stop doing them, it goes away again! As for "proper" riding, I personally wouldn't worry too much about sticking your leg out like the racers. I am much faster on SMs riding them street style, knee down etc.

If you do find a nice quiet place to play, it's worth setting out a couple of cones and doing figure of eight, both super slow (using the back brake!) and with a bigger circuit, super fast. That will bring your confidence up. The DR is a great little bike, protect it (and yourself) and don't be scared to drop it once in a while. They do crash well!

Screwd.
    Cheers.

Wiltshire. It may be full of pigs, but at least there's plenty of bacon.
    Liked 2 in 2 posts

Aren't DRZ's meant to be a bit prone to gear / brake levers puncturing the side engine casings in a crash?

Might be worth looking into some engine casing protector jobbys as well...

Liked: 1/1

Quote Originally Posted by stoo View Post
    Aren't DRZ's meant to be a bit prone to gear / brake levers puncturing the side engine casings in a crash?

Might be worth looking into some engine casing protector jobbys as well...

yep

the trouble is the inside edge of the gear lever is a very sharp edge/point and the cases are made of magnesium...so even in a minor spill the gear lever can push through the case like an old style tin opener

i took my gear lever off and filed the edges away smooth and bought some case guards from TT shop.....30iirc

they came from the states and were delivered within a week

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Bike looks lovely

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by y2blade View Post
    yep

the trouble is the inside edge of the gear lever is a very sharp edge/point and the cases are made of magnesium...so even in a minor spill the gear lever can push through the case like an old style tin opener

i took my gear lever off and filed the edges away smooth and bought some case guards from TT shop.....30iirc

they came from the states and were delivered within a week
    Had a look at the stuff on there, and added them to my basket, just waiting to be paid. Im going to order some of those lovely rad guards too!

Banned
    Liked 19 in 12 posts

Back when this thread was made I had just bought my first car on the 8th of may.

Liked 3,722 in 2,163 posts

Quote Originally Posted by flynn View Post
    Back when this thread was made I had just bought my first car on the 8th of may.
    Cool story Bro'

14. The following 4 users liked this useful post by KungFooBob:

Liked 5,287 in 3,087 posts

HEre you go Flynn, lots of dull DRZ's you don't want !

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthrea...thlist-of-mods!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Go Back to Forum My Forum