TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: What's the difference between the Piaggio X8 and X9 125cc maxi-scooters?

Liked
    times
    Blog Entries

Default What's the difference between the Piaggio X8 and X9 125cc maxi-scooters?

We've been looking into them as possibilities for my girlfriends first bike, but though they're different models they seem to be pretty much the same bike if you know what I mean. Both 125cc, both in the larger maxi-scoot type style etc..

Anyone got a quick rundown of the differences twixt the two? And any other info or reviews would be handy, especially on the X8 as it's the one she prefers.

Ta!
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked
    times

Default Re: What's the difference between the Piaggio X8 and X9 125cc maxi-scooters?

Dont quote me but I think the X9 if for boys and the X8 is for girls as the X9 has a urinal under the seat. Mind you it could just a luggage department but I used it to pee in. Not my scoot mind just a handy one so I could be wrong about the male/female bit havent seen an x8 whilst needing a pee so bare with me on this. Has the x8 got a urinal luggage compartment?

Liked
    times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's the difference between the Piaggio X8 and X9 125cc maxi-scooters?

I've got an X9 evo 125, I haven't got an X8 125, thats a big difference

IIRC the X8 has bigger under seat storage with a "boot" access, but fitting a topbox is not intended/more hassle

And replacement mirrors are about 1/5th the price on the X8, X9 has indicators in the mirror units and cost about 120 each
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Go Back to Forum My Forum