TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just when you thought the 'Scottish Diet' couldn't top the deep fried Mars Bar.......

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Just when you thought the 'Scottish Diet' couldn't top the deep fried Mars Bar.......

Ladeez and Gentlemen, may I present 'Braveheart Butter Bombs'

BBC News - Deep fried butter goes on the menu in Edinburgh

WS link to BBC web site

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Re: Just when you thought the 'Scottish Diet' couldn't top the deep fried Mars Bar...

Jesus that sounds awful.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Re: Just when you thought the 'Scottish Diet' couldn't top the deep fried Mars Bar...

I used to think that the fried Mars Bar was a myth until I saw them on the menu in an Edinburgh chippie.

One bite was enough, they are sickly sweet and cloying. Horrible.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 31 in 22 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Jesus that sounds awful.
    Especially if you try to say "deep-fried battered butter" in a geordie accent.

Liked 20 in 9 posts
    Blog Entries

Why? As if there isn't enough of a bad reputation for the Scots with the already coronary-inducing fare they offer already!

Liked 193 in 104 posts

Sounds an ideal dessert to follow your munchy box.

http://blog.23x.net/5/what-is-a-munchy-box.html
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by malphesius View Post
    Why? As if there isn't enough of a bad reputation for the Scots with the already coronary-inducing fare they offer already!
    It really amazes me the crap that some people will eat.

Take my next door neighbours for example. Their diet seems to consist entirely of fry ups at lunch, takeaways at dinner and all washed down with copious amounts of fizzy drinks.

And they smoke.

I'm not being judgemental or anything, I like a fry up as much as the next guy, but you have to strike a balance.

Liked 20 in 9 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    It really amazes me the crap that some people will eat.

Take my next door neighbours for example. Their diet seems to consist entirely of fry ups at lunch, takeaways at dinner and all washed down with copious amounts of fizzy drinks.

And they smoke.

I'm not being judgemental or anything, I like a fry up as much as the next guy, but you have to strike a balance.
    Apart from the fact that we're a gazillion miles away from any form of fast food, it just makes me physically sick at the thought. I'd rather cook at home tbh, and that's saying something, as I'm a shite cook

Liked 193 in 104 posts

Well, sober, the munchy box makes me feel sick. But pissed I'd be all over one. Bit like fat birds really...

Really Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts
    Blog Entries

lets be honest deep fried mozzarella sticks are hardly health food, nor are scotch eggs for that matter. and i for one would eat the shit out of a bowl of deep fried mac & cheese (as i believe the americans call it). parmos too.

a huge amount of of this is classism i reckon, go to macdonalds and you're a pikey chav with no self respect, but iif you go to the fat duck and have tripled fried chips you're a gourmet

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by dooley View Post
    lets be honest deep fried mozzarella sticks are hardly health food, nor are scotch eggs for that matter. and i for one would eat the shit out of a bowl of deep fried mac & cheese (as i believe the americans call it)
    Ahhhh.......mac and cheese, the food of the gods, and it probably has a lot more fat per portion than deep fried butter.

IDGAS though, I could eat the stuff by the truckload and then come back for seconds.

Liked 43 in 34 posts
    Blog Entries

It does say it's already popular in America, but to make the tenuous Mars bar link, news agencies had to wait until a chipper in Scotland was selling it.

Since I've been gobbling Omeprazole, I really enjoy greasy food. Don't fancy the Iron Brew flavour though. I once bought Iron Brew crisps and everybody who tried one spat it out. I scattered them on the beach and the seagulls turned up their noses at them.

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 128 in 76 posts
    Blog Entries

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Liked 193 in 104 posts

Whats mac and cheese?

Liked 20 in 9 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Whats mac and cheese?
    A TV series that Joey was in, in Friends.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum