TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Wiring 2T issue

Liked 36 in 25 posts

Default Wiring 2T issue

Right wiring Guru's. Mate had his CRM250 nicked and stripped of its loom. He has now got it back and rewired it. However he cannot see how the power valve is activated via the CDI unit. What will tell the CDI to open the power valve? It does not have a TPS or rev counter and apart from the ignition modules and generator I can't see how the CDI tells the power valve at what RPM the engine is at. So folks feel free to offer answers
    Wiring diagram attached. Minor point his CDI has 16 wires but all MK3 diagrams only show 14 and all these bikes are imports. I asked him to check the part number but he wont be able to do that until the weekend.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Should Get Out More
    Liked 38 in 21 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wiring 2T issue

I can't help but has he tried or joined the CRM forum?

CRM250.COM • Index page

There is an enormous amount of knowledge stored there and they are friendly and helpful.

Liked 36 in 25 posts

Cheers Cheb I will pass on the link

Liked 44 in 30 posts

The CDI sends the spark so whether or not it sends that to a dial on the dash, it wouldn't be hard for the CDI to "work out" how many sparks it's sending per minute = rpm = whether the valve should be open.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Go Back to Forum My Forum