TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Wireless devices.....Scanners?

Liked 22 in 16 posts

Default Wireless devices.....Scanners?

I have a wireless printer set up which seems to work well, its also a scanner, is it possible to use this function wirelessly( I cant find any relevant info anywhere) or do I need to plug it in to any machine I want to scan with? The scanner in question is an Epson SX535wd.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 10 in 8 posts

Default Re: Wireless devices.....Scanners?

usually needs to be connected via USB to scan. You might be able to scan to a network location but fine control usually needs connection with USB

Liked 22 in 16 posts

OK thanks, I thought that might be the case but couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 229 in 133 posts
    Blog Entries

Got the same issue with the HP I have, ended up using home plugs to get the network to the printer. I did get it to scan to a network location once but it was such a faff that it was worth buying the home plugs.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 2 in 2 posts

Just looked at the Epson SX535wd and it should scan wirelessly but lots of people appear to have problems. Most get support from Epson to resolve it and it appears to be an IP Address issue in many cases https://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewco...faq/11004/3848

Liked 15 in 12 posts

Scan to email probably easier tbh

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

I've got an Epson BX305 and previously a SX510W and you can scan from the network.

Install the drivers again from the CD (or download all documents from Epson) then you should have a program called Epson Network Setup if you open this you should be able to find the printer/scanner. Once connected to your printer over wireless open the Epson Scan Settings program which should have a button to scan either connected or wireless then you need to open the Epson scan program to actually scan.

Hope this helps.

Liked 0 in 0 posts

I have a HP 6500A Plus wireless printer/scanner that happily does both remotely and saves wherever you like, but for scanning you still have to walk up to it and put in the bit of paper you want to scan, so a little pointless.

Liked 22 in 16 posts

I managed to get it to work eventually, it seems there was something blocking it, and I still get a stupid pop up on starting about blocking it on public networks which is irritating- why cant it seem to remember what I've ticked.

I know you have to walk physically to the scanner but after that I dont have to faff around with transferring files via memory sticks or cards so is still worthwhile doing.

Go Back to Forum My Forum