TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Wireless speaker help

At Work
    Liked 13 in 5 posts

Default Wireless speaker help

I am considering one of these, are they any good?

SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile speaker II | Bose

Would I be able to get my self a bluetooth dongle that I can transmit from my laptop with, I am looking at the bluetooth on as i do not have an Ipad/pod, but do have bluetooth phones with music on.

all help appreciated.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 49 in 23 posts

Default Re: Wireless speaker help

Bloke over the road has one. Bear in mind I have tinnitus and some hearing loss but it sounds good to me, so I'd buy one.

Something like this for music transmission?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-TMRBT10...d_sim_sbs_ce_5

Liked 8 in 4 posts

The Bose one is very good. Only had a quick listen in a shop but seemed good and reviews are good. Do be aware though that there are an almost endless list of similar speakers by every other electronics manufacturer out there. Many have features the Bose doesn't have (speakerphone functionality, shock proof, waterproof, better battery life etc) and almost all are cheaper.

Have a look at least at the Big Jambox which is one of the main competitors.

Liked 49 in 23 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slenver View Post

Have a look at least at the Big Jambox which is one of the main competitors.

cuddly wuddly beary beary boo. I now have to have one.

At Work
    Liked 13 in 5 posts

I have found a sony one that does bluetooth and airplay, that may be the one for me.

My brother has a Bose one, but not the bluetooth version, I am bothered the streaming from bluetooth may not be that good.

Liked 8 in 4 posts

Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    I have found a sony one that does bluetooth and airplay, that may be the one for me.

My brother has a Bose one, but not the bluetooth version, I am bothered the streaming from bluetooth may not be that good.
    Streaming isn't as good as wired of course, but it's surprisingly decent. As always, depends what you'll use it for and how important quality is versus convenience. The fact that they're rechargeable and can be dragged into any room or the garden or the car or the park is pretty useful and the quality is definitely good enough for all of that. If it was your main hi-fi at home, well, it's going to be a 200-quid portable mini-speaker option however the source is plugged in.

Liked 49 in 23 posts

Following Slenvers suggestion of the Big Jambox I bought one yesterday. Bearing in mind that my hearing is shot to pieces, it sounds very, very good. It's quite a compact unit and is never going to deliver bass like a big sub but it definitely punches above it's weight and I'm very happy with the purchase. That is all.

Liked 0 in 0 posts
    Blog Entries

if you own BOSE components its Gods way of telling you that you earn too much
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 8 in 4 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    Following Slenvers suggestion of the Big Jambox I bought one yesterday. Bearing in mind that my hearing is shot to pieces, it sounds very, very good. It's quite a compact unit and is never going to deliver bass like a big sub but it definitely punches above it's weight and I'm very happy with the purchase. That is all.
    Yeah, I bought one in the end myself. For the size and money, it's superb.

Only slight annoyance is down to iOS's handling of bluetooth audio output - if you're listening away to some music on an iPad for example and then load a game, the game will hijack the audio and cut off the music. Even if you've switched off music within the game. You can open up the music player controls and switch it back on again but it's annoying. Would be far preferable to have an option somewhere to limit bluetooth output to music apps only, or a specific list of chosen apps.

Not tried with Android so don't know how it compares, but blackberry seems to just play everything at once, which is sort of better, sort of worse.

No such problems with Airplay but it's generally more limiting. Anyway, overall it's pretty cool. Considering it's bluetooth and pretty compact it sounds extremely impressive.

Liked 8 in 4 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    if you own BOSE components its Gods way of telling you that you earn too much
    I think often it's just god's way of telling you you favour a badge over a decent product... that said, that Soundlive thing is probably just as good as the Big Jambox - but that bit more expensive and lacking a couple of features. Bit prettier though. But the Jambox is the better deal.

Go Back to Forum My Forum