TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: Coronation Street

  1. #1
    Should Get Out More Taipan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boerthal's hill
    Posts
    33,503
    Like
    1,281
    Liked 832 in 450 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Talking Coronation Street

    My daughter is watching Coronation Street and I find myself intrigued by it. This tiny cobbled street in the middle of Manchester has a pub, a wine bar, a garage, a factory, a corner shop, a bookies, a kebab shop, a chippy and a cafe. The planning dept wants shooting!


  2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
  3. #2
    Should Get Out More moth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hiding behind the sofa
    Posts
    26,265
    Like
    0
    Liked: 1/1
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Coronation Street


  4. #3
    Meh go_slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    is not fixed no more.
    Posts
    19,690
    Like
    637
    Liked 999 in 618 posts
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    The bookies, salon, kebab shop, the chippy and taxi office are all on rosamund street, and the winebar is on viaduct street








  5. #4
    Ginger - Ethnic minority Templar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Royal Berkshire
    Posts
    3,140
    Like
    29
    Liked 18 in 13 posts

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    My daughter is watching Coronation Street and I find myself intrigued by it. This tiny cobbled street in the middle of Manchester has a pub, a wine bar, a garage, a factory, a corner shop, a bookies, a kebab shop, a chippy and a cafe. The planning dept wants shooting!
    Quote Originally Posted by moth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by go_slow View Post
    The bookies, salon, kebab shop, the chippy and taxi office are all on rosamund street, and the winebar is on viaduct street




    Please, no, please

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Devon/Cornwall
    Posts
    4,297
    Like
    0
    Liked: 1/1

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    My daughter and I settled down as usual to watch Coronation Street......
    Come on Taipan say it as it is, don't be shy... ;-)

    I'll bet half the people here watch one or more of the soaps if the truth were known.


    JJ. Perceptive. :-)

  7. #6
    Probably wrong Yambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Looking at the Med . . .
    Posts
    11,450
    Like
    141
    Liked 254 in 145 posts
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    Soap operas are all a bit incestuous really aren't they.

  8. #7
    Meh go_slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    is not fixed no more.
    Posts
    19,690
    Like
    637
    Liked 999 in 618 posts
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Jollyjack View Post
    Come on Taipan say it as it is, don't be shy... ;-)

    I'll bet half the people here watch one or more of the soaps if the truth were known.


    JJ. Perceptive. :-)
    Allow me to be the first to try and take the high ground - "I have no TV since there is much better things to be doing in the evening" - obviously thats not true in my case but it allows me to be condescending for the rest of the thread.

  9. #8
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Uist
    Posts
    15,080
    Like
    0
    Liked 323 in 198 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    Quote Originally Posted by go_slow View Post
    Allow me to be the first to try and take the high ground - "I have no TV since there is much better things to be doing in the evening" - obviously thats not true in my case but it allows me to be condescending for the rest of the thread.

    I have no TV and I spend my time on here so I'm much more interlectual than you.

    Can't see the problems with soaps, no more formulaic than most televised crime fiction. WTF they have to be so depressing mildly peeves me.

  10. #9
    Should Get Out More moth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hiding behind the sofa
    Posts
    26,265
    Like
    0
    Liked: 1/1
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    WTF they have to be so depressing mildly peeves me.
    Not that difficult to figure out

  11. #10
    Meh go_slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    is not fixed no more.
    Posts
    19,690
    Like
    637
    Liked 999 in 618 posts
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    WTF they have to be so depressing mildly peeves me.
    Corrie aint so bad, its the only one I will watch if I have to watch it with the missus, all the others are recorded for later, I wont spend my time with her watching them.

  12. #11
    Should Get Out More BananaMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ascot, Berkshire.
    Posts
    18,086
    Like
    905
    Liked 330 in 215 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    I mostly watch news and documentaries.

    Or American TV shows from the last decade, recycled via Apple TV.

    -Prison Break is a current favourite.
    -Grimm
    -Castle
    - Dollhouse
    - House

    ... Stuff like that

  13. #12
    Really Bored fastfitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,949
    Like
    10
    Liked 15 in 9 posts

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    Does Stan's bit of fluff still live on Inkerman Street?

  14. #13
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,908
    Like
    36
    Liked 116 in 65 posts

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    Quote Originally Posted by fastfitter View Post
    Does Stan's bit of fluff still live on Inkerman Street?
    I asked that question of the girl who was cutting my hair the other day, while she was having a real "Sharon & Tracy" conversation with her mate about Coronation Street.

    Apparently, she tells me that Ken Barlow is still in it?

  15. #14
    Not Much To Do Gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    618
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    Quote Originally Posted by go_slow View Post
    Allow me to be the first to try and take the high ground - "I have no TV since there is much better things to be doing in the evening" - obviously thats not true in my case but it allows me to be condescending for the rest of the thread.
    I rarely watch anything but the history channel and a couple of american shows - cannot remember the last time I watched mainstream channels at all

  16. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Devon/Cornwall
    Posts
    4,297
    Like
    0
    Liked: 1/1

    Default Re: Coronation Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Dingbat View Post
    I asked that question of the girl who was cutting my hair the other day, while she was having a real "Sharon & Tracy" conversation with her mate about Coronation Street.

    Apparently, she tells me that Ken Barlow is still in it?
    Yea of course you did, just come out of the soap closet and be done with it man.

    You know you want to...


    JJ. ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum