TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Downton Abby

Really Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Downton Abby

The Missus just loves this show.

I find it good for sleeping through.

Should I say it?........"Discuss".........Yikes!!!

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 48 in 41 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Downton Abby

I think it's dreadful.

I don't entirely understand the appeal for some women, and a tiny percentage of men. I am not sure, but I think a slightly higher proportion of the men who like it are homosexuals, but that can't be the cause of them liking it, as such ...

It might be partly about looking back fondly on a bygone era that you didn't actually attend. But it is historically distorted, obviously. And it wasn't a particularly wonderful time for most people anyway. Especially if you were "in service" ...

I suppose it could be to do with liking old cutlery, and crockery, and furniture. Paintings, curtains, that kind of thing. But there are ways to connect with those things that don't involve the downside of Downton.

Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 0 in 0 posts

If they could just edit the Maggie Smith one-liners into her own series, it'd be fantastic!

Really Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

I've got just the remedy to this show!

Throw in a bunch of old time bad asses on vintage bikes!!

I should be a Producer damnit!!

Liked 12 in 9 posts

Never watched it, although you can't fail to know of it this side of the pond, it's on ITV isn't it? Probably one of those programmes for those who aspire to be landed country gentry.

Really Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Never watched it, although you can't fail to know of it this side of the pond, it's on ITV isn't it? Probably one of those programmes for those who aspire to be landed country gentry.
    I dunno but it seems everyone is watching it in these parts. Same ole same ole here.....100 channels and dick all for motorsports unless you want to watch a bunch of hillbillies driving NASCAR. I can't believe what a great marketing company NASCAR has! 3 hours of yahoos driving around a banked oval.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Should Get Out More Thermostat9's Avatar
    Liked 16 in 9 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BananaMan View Post
    It might be partly about looking back fondly on a bygone era that you didn't actually attend. But it is historically distorted, obviously.
    If you look back at pictures of the time most of the men had beards. In 'historical dramas' of the period most of the male actors don't.

My wife started to watch it but said the lighting was rubbish. I think she meant the way the DoP had lit the set rather than the unusual over use of improbable electric lights in a 1900's country pile.

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 89 in 63 posts
    Blog Entries

Period / Costume drama, never seen it, have no feeling of missing anything.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 0 in 0 posts

I love it. Just saying.

The largest and happiest city in England...
    Liked 72 in 43 posts

Other than a few seconds of it while looking for something decent I've never seen it.

Go Back to Forum My Forum