TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ps4

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Ps4

In an attempt to resurrect the lost thread of geekiness, Everything We've Got On The PlayStation 4, All In One Place
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 0 in 0 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ps4

am i imagining things or has the board reverted to a backup from a week or so ago... im seeing posts disappear
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 43 in 36 posts

no you are not imagining things

10 days worth of stuff lost due to IT techy reasons I don't understand

Liked 35 in 20 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    no you are not imagining things

10 days worth of stuff lost due to IT techy reasons I don't understand
    It was forum termites, sneaky little buggers.

The largest and happiest city in England...
    Liked 145 in 87 posts

Will it be something you can just play or will it be like an X Box 360 where it won't let you even play a game till you choose a fucking avatar out of their selection of cutesy childish animations, feed your username in, mothers maiden name, first school, best pets name, favorite colour, blah blah blah.
    The control were this >< far off being launched across the room with all that bollocks.

And I didn't even want to play on line anyway.

Liked 0 in 0 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demographic View Post
    Will it be something you can just play or will it be like an X Box 360 where it won't let you even play a game till you choose a fucking avatar out of their selection of cutesy childish animations, feed your username in, mothers maiden name, first school, best pets name, favorite colour, blah blah blah.
    The control were this >< far off being launched across the room with all that bollocks.

And I didn't even want to play on line anyway.
    same here. never used any of the play online features on the old PS.
    used mainly for streaming vids and music from my laptop

as will the new one if the media gubbins is up to par

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Sony seem to be pushing the "media centre" concept all the more with the new console.

As for the online gaming thing...it's the way things are going and isn't going away any time soon. Expect more games with micro transactions that will require you to include bank details in your account setup.

Liked 48 in 28 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loz View Post
    Sony seem to be pushing the "media centre" concept all the more with the new console.

As for the online gaming thing...it's the way things are going and isn't going away any time soon. Expect more games with micro transactions that will require you to include bank details in your account setup.

While online gaming is used as a shiny selling point it seems to have replaced actual content on a lot of newer games which is a big reason I dont buy many games now.
    I also would be reluctant to buy anything that calls itself a 'media centre' , that just smacks of something that does lots of mediocre things, most of which you'll never use or need.

Liked 0 in 0 posts

I hear you on the "online" thing. To be honest the best games for single player content seem to be shifting back towards the PC again. Depends what kind of games you like really?

Liked: 1/1

Quote Originally Posted by Zanx View Post
    It was forum termites, sneaky little buggers.
    Hah, that reminds me of this:

Computer bug - Wikipedia
    Yet, credit for popularizing the term is generally accorded to computer pioneer Grace Hopper, who it is said, "...traced an error in the Mark II to a moth trapped in a relay. The bug was carefully removed and taped to a daily log book. Since then, whenever a computer has a problem, it's referred to as a bug."

Liked 0 in 0 posts

On the subject of microtransactions... - StumbleUpon

Liked 0 in 0 posts
    Blog Entries

microsoft have confirmed they will not allow playing of 'previously owned titles' for the Xbox720

biiiig fuck up on their part

Liked 16 in 12 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    microsoft have confirmed they will not allow playing of 'previously owned titles' for the Xbox720

biiiig fuck up on their part
    Have they? MS have never commented on rumour or speculation in the past.

If they have, then I agree with you.

By the way, it sounds like Sony might not have ruled it out either. LINKY
    Last edited by McNab; 27-02-13 at 15:51. Reason: Edited for link and to sound more vague :)

Liked 0 in 0 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McNab View Post
    Have they? MS have never commented on rumour or speculation in the past.

If they have, then I agree with you.

By the way, Sony haven't ruled it out either.
    Sony: Fear not, the PlayStation 4 will play used games | Tech Culture - CNET News

Speaking to Eurogamer, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida attempted to lay to rest any concerns that the just-announced console would prevent people from playing second-hand games. Discussing the idea of restricting the play of used games, Yoshida touched upon the expectation of customers: that once you have bought a physical disc, you should be able to use it how and where you will.
    "That's the general expectation by consumers," said Yoshida. "They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation." The Sony executive continued: "So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?"

Liked 16 in 12 posts

"That is my expectation" and not "It will definately play used games"

It still doesn't sound 100% certain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum