TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Keeerist! I am old!

Really Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Thumbs down Keeerist! I am old!

This story is TRUE and has put a smile on my face all day. Local Pub and I see this old bike on the back of a pickup trck. Usually, a Pub with fresh ale will draw me in I went straight for the pickup truck. I guessed the year of this bike and found out later I had nailed it. I'm still proud about that!!

1954 Sunbeam in unbelievable conditon. Original license plate and tax disk. Turns out accoriding to the new owner this bike was brought over from the UK and after the original gran pa and then it was left to do nothing. And you won't believe this part....the great grand son, who sold it, has no fecking idea of the value. He and his wife were moving to a condominium and didn't have room for the bike............Arrrrgh!

This thing is in such good original shape that all it shoud need is a gentle hand wash..

Any way. I gave the new owner this site url cos he said he knows dick about Sunbeams, but of course has his Whitworths at the ready. Id forgtten how much fun it is just to talk about brass fittings and ticklers.

To top it off, a guy I haven't seen for at least 2 years and who used to ride with me a lot showed up!!!

He's got a great business going making specialty fairings for various dual sport/trailie bikes.

Fantastic fecking day of talking bikes!
    Last edited by Dirtybill; 23-02-13 at 10:44.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 13 in 11 posts

Default Re: Keeerist! I am old!

Sunbeam Owners Fellowship
    WELCOME to Stewart Engineering

Heres a couple more links for them.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Really Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Monstyr View Post
    Sunbeam Owners Fellowship
    WELCOME to Stewart Engineering

Heres a couple more links for them.
    You are a true Gentleman.

I encouraged this guy to resister to the revcounter as I told him, "there's some guys who know their shit"

Yes, there are way more sentences that could've been used but ....hey, lets cut to the chase!!!!

It is kinda very weird feeling seeing a bike that was produced the same year you were.....Yikes!

And to top it off, the friggin bike looks in way better shape than I do....Damnitt!!!!

I like how it's not a club but a Sunbeam Fellowship.....

Where the hell are my pipe and slippers!'

Just remebered. The Sunbeam name is still plainy evident on the rider's foot pegs. I still am in awe at how such and old bike can be in such great condition.
    Last edited by Dirtybill; 23-02-13 at 10:50.

Liked 20 in 13 posts
    Blog Entries

Some years ago when my work covered aero engine heat exchangers I had cause to go to the factory of one of our suppliers in Wolverhampton. They had a beautifully restored Sunbeam in the foyer, turns out this was the factory where the bikes used to be made in the 30s

Liked 0 in 0 posts

I have one of those in my Workshop... well it's an S7 1952... If it has the thinner tyres then it is an S8...

Really Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

I've seen Sunbeams before at vintage rallies and museums but were they produced to be a consumer bike or were they considered high class? I shouldve taken some pics of this one damnit! I liked the think it was ally mini shroud that covered the I think spark plug on the left side of the engine. And the way they designed the whole engine exterior was very art deco and both the Missus and I love that art deco look on furniture to freight locomotives.

In fact, if I would have known about this bike I would've jumped on it not even owning any Whitworths and once the Missus saw the art deco in it I'm sure she would have forked out half and called it OUR bike.

I'm gonna start keeping out a keener eye for some of these very cool old bikes. A Henderson would be going for way too much but I think the Hinckley Rocket motor is kinda cool but not collectable yet.

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

Hi Bill! Glad you're still kicking

Liked 64 in 41 posts

Sorry, I guess you weren't around
    http://www.therevcounter.co.uk/gener...ssed-away.html

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Thanks mate, had a catch up chat with BigYin today and he told me what had happened. Really shit news, also Choppers a few years ago. I'm willing to bet that Bill and Jim are getting steadily drunk in the bar at the end of the universe, while ogling alien ladies and talking bollocks about bikes.

Some of the exchanges between those two back in the day were fucking hilarious. RIP guys - God bless you both.

Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post

Go Back to Forum My Forum