TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two stroke prices

Liked 82 in 46 posts

Default Two stroke prices

Suzuki RGV 250, VJ21 Not VJ22 | eBay

Just watched that end, was very tempted.
    I've seen a few two strokes go over the last couple of weeks for very reasonable prices.
    Of course there are still plenty advertised with silly prices but they're not selling, same adverts up for weeks.

Same with cars, been watching Evo 9 & 10's and they've dropped a lot.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Should Get Out More
    Liked 154 in 58 posts

Default Re: Two stroke prices

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post

I've seen a few two strokes go over the last couple of weeks for very reasonable prices.
    Of course there are still plenty advertised with silly prices but they're not selling, same adverts up for weeks.

No mate, that's a VJ21. No interest at all, surprised to see they're going for silly money now too.

VJ22 and the elusive 23 are the ones you want

Liked 0 in 0 posts

I wish aprilia would actually make that v4 400cc they mutter about now and again - people would love a smaller cc pure sports bike I think

Liked 67 in 47 posts

You regularly say that your 600SS Duke was the most fun you ever had. Add 30bhp, no weight and that will give you a 696 Monster which you could have for the summer, garage over winter sell it on and have the whole experience cost you less than 500...

Really Bored
    Liked 17 in 13 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slothbear View Post
    I wish aprilia would actually make that v4 400cc they mutter about now and again - people would love a smaller cc pure sports bike I think
    I agree.
    I still get called a variety of interesting names for trying to go from the RS to the RSV.

Liked 5 in 5 posts

No, no, no!
    It's gotta be the sexy banana shaped swingarm version
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 82 in 46 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    No mate, that's a VJ21. No interest at all, surprised to see they're going for silly money now too.

VJ22 and the elusive 23 are the ones you want
    Whats wrong with the VJ21?

Should Get Out More
    Liked 154 in 58 posts

Whats wrong with the VJ21?
    Nothing wrong with it per we, just not as desirable as any of the others. I guess it's the RWU forks and box section swing arm that places it firmly in the eighties. Engine is still a corker but you'd want to tart up the suspension, perhaps if you wanted to be ironic, with a banana swing arm and USD forks from a VJ22....

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Ive owned 2 VJ22's and sold them both.... Seriously regretted not keeping at least one of them..

Banned
    Liked 0 in 0 posts
    Blog Entries

With hindsight and all that......

I always wanted an RS250 or RGV but left it too late. My normal budget for shed toys is about 800 and the days of an RGV or RS being in that bracket are long gone.

Luckily, I did pick a few up over the years. A TDR250 with 11,000 genuine miles but the wrong body work which cost 1000 in 2002, a couple of NSR125's and recently a couple of TZR250's, a 1KT and a 2MA for under 800.

The German 2MA, bought 2 years ago, was a bit of a bargain. It had TSR graphics on the fairing which put people off, the owner had no idea that they weren't correct and had been put on for a joke (The TSR is the pocket bike designed to look like a TZR250). For 780 + 10 for the correct TZR250 graphics, I got a standard 2MA which had just been rebored to 0.5mm oversize and in good condifion. It now has the 1KT front indicators and rear light unit, wit the originals kept on the shelf.

There are still a few out there worth looking out for. I always look in the local papers for barn finds, like where the son has moved out years ago and left Dad to get rid of his old 2 stroke. There is little chance of a bargain on the Interent because so many people are looking now.

Liked 3 in 2 posts
    Blog Entries

A friend of mine had a VJ23 SP with 1200 miles on the clock..totally standard and mint. He was sold it by a lady who had it in her shed..not quite sure on the story behind it. He brought it for 1200 not being at all clued up on how much it was worth..it sold for 5500 when he did realise what it was worth!. Really bummed out and should have offered him 2k for it..and then sold it myself..doh!

Mind you didnt run as had been stood for so long so needed a fair bit of work.

Liked 26 in 18 posts
    Blog Entries

That's quite nice, and reminds me of my KR-1S which sold for 1200 in far less clean and original condition. If I was after a pocket rocket to ride (as opposed to polish and keep on the mantlepiece) something like that would be high on my list, as quick and nimble as the later models and a lot less money.

Should Get Out More MyLittleStudPony's Avatar
    Liked 97 in 58 posts

The 21 has appeal to some, maybe not as much as the 22 or 23 but that sounded like a good price for a reasonable bike. There will always be bargain biikes in winter.

I think Evos have been hit by rising fuel prices, like E46 M3s.

I regret selling my tidy TDR250 for about 1500 quid but I couldn't have kept it all these years.

Liked 44 in 30 posts

I can't quite believe the location of that front plug cap.

I don't get the whole 2t thing. Less performance, more maintenance, more fuel and he expensive oil as well. Just get a fast 400 or a slow 600.

Liked 12 in 11 posts

Quote Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
    I don't get the whole 2t thing. Less performance, more maintenance, more fuel and he expensive oil as well. Just get a fast 400 or a slow 600.
    Totally different riding experience though. The feeling as it hits the powerband is......EPIC. It is everything, all you ride/live for. In comparison a 4 just doesn't cut the mustard. Plus add in the fact that no standard 4 stroke is going to be anything like as light which counts in the twisties.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum