TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lidl bike gear offers from thursday

Liked 415 in 251 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Lidl bike gear offers from thursday

Just a heads up as the colonials would say.

LIDL
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 17 in 14 posts

Default Re: Lidl bike gear offers from thursday

can highly recommend the Lidl baselayers - had mine for just over a year now and been good pieces of kit
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

A Bit Bored
    Liked: 1/1

Good spot will be there early doors thursday

Liked 16 in 10 posts

Aldi too on March 10th
    ALDI - Coming Soon - Motorcycling

Their base layers are good too

Not Much To Do
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Lidl and Aldi? Really? Wow. I may attempt it.

A Bit Bored
    Liked: 1/1

Just popped in and picked up a couple of sets of thermals for the misses and myself. Don't look too bad! But sizing for the legs seemed a little odd! Size medium claimed to be for 38 in waist! Are there designed for our American friends!

Liked 17 in 14 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jester88 View Post
    Just popped in and picked up a couple of sets of thermals for the misses and myself. Don't look too bad! But sizing for the legs seemed a little odd! Size medium claimed to be for 38 in waist! Are there designed for our American friends!
    Ive already got a set and the leggings just pair up ok with the tops of the same size so you should be ok!

Bought another 4 sets this morning as been so impressed with mine - got all the track day gang in them now! Plus 4 decent ratchet straps for 10 for the van!

Liked 4 in 3 posts

Just picked up a base layer top. Having just tried it on I'm seriously tempted to go and get the leggings now!

Liked 415 in 251 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jester88 View Post
    Hmm, is it accurate in measurements though?

Liked 68 in 33 posts
    Blog Entries

Just picked up base-layers (for the boy), flip-front lid, gloves and easy-rider stylee highway boots things for me to strut my funky stuff in. I look like sex on a stick in them. Trust me.

I've been using a battered old open face for my commute since trashed my Caberg. This Lidl jobbie looks fine for an urban commute, although I may get a real helmet for the summer.

Not Much To Do
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

I need to buy all new gear for the new bike, on a budget, reckon that full face would be ok for a few months until I get something decent? I guess it has to pass certain standards so must be safe.

Liked 68 in 33 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fingerpuk View Post
    I need to buy all new gear for the new bike, on a budget, reckon that full face would be ok for a few months until I get something decent? I guess it has to pass certain standards so must be safe.
    Just been out and test flown it. It's a bloody lovely helmet. Very confortable, very well ventilated, and with nice flip mechanism, and dark visor mechanism. Feels at least as nice as my old Caberg. Only problem is that it's a little bit whistly at speed, but i have not yet fitted the supplied "accoustic dampers". It also comes with a spare visor. Given that visors are often al least 25, all that lot for under 40 is pretty damned good.

Banned
    Liked 0 in 0 posts
    Blog Entries

If you missed the Lidl one, Aldi do theirs from 10th March too.....

ALDI - Coming Soon - Motorcycling

Liked 0 in 0 posts
    Blog Entries

I picked up the Helmet from Lidl that my mate fetched me on Thursday. Got to say, I am very impressed with the quality of of the helmet. For 40 it is such a bargain, I only have one gripe about it from prancing about the house trying it on. There is very lttle padding at the top of the helmet, so little in fact it does hurt a wee bit. Might be better when riding, but I think I'll have to source some thing to stick in it give it a little extra cushion.

Liked 68 in 33 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    I picked up the Helmet from Lidl that my mate fetched me on Thursday. Got to say, I am very impressed with the quality of of the helmet. For 40 it is such a bargain, I only have one gripe about it from prancing about the house trying it on. There is very lttle padding at the top of the helmet, so little in fact it does hurt a wee bit. Might be better when riding, but I think I'll have to source some thing to stick in it give it a little extra cushion.
    I'm well impressed with it. It's a really nice, well featured flip front, comeplete with spare visor, for under 40!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum