TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Paging the plumbers

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Paging the plumbers

I live in a flat which was empty for years ( Mother went into a home).....The hot water tank lives on the floor.....The shower head is higher than the tank (obviously)

There is a pump which assists the hot water to get to the shower unfortunatly the pump leaks. I've Googled but can't find out which sort of pump I need to replace it.........I've mailed the customer service people at B&Q and Wickes They were as much use as a sackful of arse holes

Any guidance would be appreciated

Ian

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Should Get Out More Veggie Dave's Avatar
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Re: Paging the plumbers

For pumps you want one of these:
    Stuart Turner Showermate Eco

They're a couple of quid more than other makes, but they're generally bomb proof, most plumbers know them and Stuart Turner have excellent customer support.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 27 in 19 posts

Is it a standard shower pump. Inlet from the hot tank outlet to the shower? If so any pump will do as a replacment. B&Q do their own make which I have and works well. A picture will help. Have you checked the connections on the pump?

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Thank you. I found a pump on fleabay and asked the same question. The reply was

Hi Ian,

I'm afraid not - you'll need what's called a negative head pump. You can find these on our ebay store and website seperately,

Kind Regards,

Tom
    Plumb-Bay

I'm still lost

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Basically a negative head pump is more powerful. You use one when the outlet is higher than the tank like in your case. They are generally more expensive too, a lot more.

Is the pump fitted to just the hot water? If so you could fit a Salamander ESP80. These are around 250 but can be used for both negative and positive heads.

Another option for around the same price is the Grundfoss Amazon. It's 4 bar rated and has twin impellers. This is purely for negative head fitments.

Go Back to Forum My Forum