TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Ducati 696 Leo Vince Cans

Not Much To Do
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Ducati 696 Leo Vince Cans

Hello.

I'm thinking of replacing the standard cans on a 696 with the Leo Vince Aluminium cans. I've read that this can cause problems, make the bike run lean, and that quite a bit of fettling is needed. Anyone got any advice or experience?

Cheers.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 48 in 36 posts

Default Re: Ducati 696 Leo Vince Cans

Quote Originally Posted by fingerpuk View Post
    I'm thinking of replacing the standard cans on a 696 with the Leo Vince Aluminium cans. I've read that this can cause problems, make the bike run lean, and that quite a bit of fettling is needed.
    So why do you want to do it?
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 65 in 45 posts

Hello.

I'm thinking of replacing the standard cans on a 696 with the Leo Vince Aluminium cans. I've read that this can cause problems, make the bike run lean, and that quite a bit of fettling is needed. Anyone got any advice or experience?

Cheers.
    Ducati do a performance ECU to go with the termis, but TBH, they sound pretty good as standard IMO (and your neighbours won't hate you!).

At Work
    Liked 7 in 3 posts

Ask on

www.ukmonster.co.uk

there's a few people on there who've changed exhausts

Liked: 1/1
    Blog Entries

Generally no matter what Leo Vince say it will affect the fueling. You can get the ECU mapped or fit a power commander and get that mapped to suit the cans. Any "chips" or maps that are installed without use of air fuel monitoring on a dyno arent worth squat as no two bikes fuel the same - have had plenty on the dyno to be checked after thats been done on various bikes and all required fueling changes.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Not Much To Do
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

When I have them fitted ill get it dynod too. The reason to fit is they look and sound better and the louder and more obvious I am the less likely it is for people to miss me. Maybe. Maybe not.

Liked 48 in 36 posts

When I have them fitted ill get it dynod too. The reason to fit is they look and sound better and the louder and more obvious I am the less likely it is for people to miss me. Maybe. Maybe not.
    Ah, loud cans save lives. Got ya.

Liked 26 in 18 posts
    Blog Entries

I've a leo vinci (yes that is what's written on it) on my carbed CBR6. It's a shit load lighter than the oe, looks very nice & isn't actually that loud unless you're right up the rev range. Nice quality piece of kit IMO.

Not Much To Do
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Ah, loud cans save lives. Got ya.

Yes, yesterday I saw a group of approx 20 people walk out in front of what I think was a CB500, they didn't look, and it was silent so they didn't hear it. In London, the louder you are, the safer you are. People here simply don't look at anything but there phones, if I come round the corner I want people to have heard me from the next county.

Thanks for the advice though, I'm going to research and get on it today.

Go Back to Forum My Forum