TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Aprilia Sport City 250 for sale

Liked 184 in 99 posts

Feed Aprilia Sport City 250 for sale

SOLD!

58 reg Aprilia Sport City 250. I bought this to use for the winter to commute into London and back as I'd sold my bike. When i bought it I was told its a stolen recovered and they had put the laster 300 Sport City Cube 300 body work on it, which looks lovely. As it was stolen recovered its probably a cat c or d but you'd have to check as i dodnt and just assume it is? When it was stolen they jemmied off the disc lock and this has slightly bent one bit of the disc which you can hear rubbing at slow speed. A replacement disc if approx 35 but I never bothered as it stops fine. Another bad point is the speedo started working intermittently during the snow and is getting worse by the day. Works fine for days, then doesn't, then the needle tries to register and climbs and falls etc. Might be damp but worse case scenario its a new sensor again about 35 on ebay. Left hand mirror glass is cracked too.

Good bits; well the rest of it really. It starts and rides lovely and has been returning me just over 80mpg! I changed the back tyre when I got it and also fitted a new (genuine part) aprilia drive belt and some fancy Dr Pulley variator sliders which improve the bike and last longer than oem rollers. Its been a 100% reliable in the 5000 miles I've ridden on it, although thats probably no surprise to anyone familiar with these engines as despite only being a 250 they are capable of big mileages. 22500 miles but that will go up as I use it each day to commute into London.

So there you have it, a good reliable well proven scooter for a good few hundred cheaper than anyone else has one for sale for. Grab yourself a bargain. Viewing is very welcome and yes you can bring a mechanic etc. Bike is in central London during the week if you'd prefer to view it there.

PRICE REDUCED AS I'VE FOUND A BIKE I'M AFTER AND NEED A QUICK SALE. Bargain price 1395 ono. 1200!

Dont all rush...

[img][/img]

Last edited by Taipan; 17-04-13 at 14:03.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 18 in 13 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Aprilia Sport City 250 for sale

Registering an interest here. Might have a buyer for my TRX next week, if so it's game on!
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 0 in 0 posts

how many miles has it done?

Liked 184 in 99 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanx View Post
    Registering an interest here. Might have a buyer for my TRX next week, if so it's game on!
    Hi Mr Z. First dibs are indeed yours.

Mr Z has unregistered his interest.
    Last edited by Taipan; 12-03-13 at 16:13.

Liked 21 in 14 posts
    Blog Entries

Nice lawn, coulda taken in the washing first though

Liked 184 in 99 posts

Mrs Taipan likes to air dry the washing whenever possible. Saves me paying the leccy for the tumble drier. Win.

Liked 48 in 36 posts

Straight swap for a K75S?

Liked 184 in 99 posts

Price reduced as i've found a bike i'm after. So now 1200!!!

Liked 48 in 36 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Price reduced as i've found a bike i'm after. So now 1200!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Straight swap for a K75S?

Liked 184 in 99 posts

Go Back to Forum My Forum