TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Recommend me an XBOX

Liked 297 in 175 posts

Question Recommend me an XBOX

Hi All
    My Daughter wants an xbox for her birthday. I know nothing about them so what one would you reommend I get her? We like to buy electrical goods from Argos normally. Are these things priced pretty much the same eveywhere give or take a few or will I save bundles by shopping at _________?
    Many thanks
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 15 in 11 posts

Default Re: Recommend me an XBOX

why xbox? for kinect?
    get the newest model you can and depending on age, Kinect and games......if you can.

Should Get Out More Kebab The Cat's Avatar
    Liked: 1/1
    Blog Entries

Avoid the 4gig version, it's a bit annoying, half the games have downloadable content, so it'll be full in minutes.

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab The Cat View Post
    Avoid the 4gig version, it's a bit annoying, half the games have downloadable content, so it'll be full in minutes.
    I,d say that depends on the age of the user. If the user is young, like my kids are, then it,s just basic footy, motocross and car racng games , that sort of thing that was fine on our arcade version which has no real memory at all.

We,ve got to renew ours as its packed up and we,ll be going to john lewis as they price match and have a fantastic after sales service should it go tits up.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Not Much To Do
    Liked
    4/1

I would get a cheap second hand for now, the next generation XBOX720 will be coming out this year and you'll more than likley be pestered for that one.

Liked 42 in 35 posts

Quote Originally Posted by chewy View Post
    I would get a cheap second hand for now, the next generation XBOX720 will be coming out this year and you'll more than likley be pestered for that one.
    I'd second that, they are a bit long in the tooth. If you need it then make sure it has Wifi built in, IIRC older ones didn't have it.

Liked 45 in 30 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    We like to buy electrical goods from Argos normally. Are these things priced pretty much the same eveywhere give or take a few or will I save bundles by shopping at _________?

Stop that. Now. Argos is f*cking expensive. I'd wager that almost ANY other website is cheaper than Argos.

I'd third a cheap 2nd hand one from ebay. If new then the 4GB would be fine for a while as I cant imagine she'll be DLing Call of Duty map packs.

This is a cheap as you'll go

Play.com - Buy online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

or

Play.com - Buy Xbox 360 S Console With 250GB HDD - Matte Black online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

the latter does virtually nothing the former doesnt do.

Liked 16 in 12 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mallett View Post
    Stop that. Now. Argos is f*cking expensive. I'd wager that almost ANY other website is cheaper than Argos.

I'd third a cheap 2nd hand one from ebay. If new then the 4GB would be fine for a while as I cant imagine she'll be DLing Call of Duty map packs.

This is a cheap as you'll go

Play.com - Buy online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

or

Play.com - Buy Xbox 360 S Console With 250GB HDD - Matte Black online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

the latter does virtually nothing the former doesnt do.
    Except wi-fi. Oh and not be 'slightly faulty', include a hard drive and a controller. I'm also guessing that the former will read discs which the latter won't always do.

Liked 297 in 175 posts

Last edited by Taipan; 03-04-13 at 10:12.

Liked 45 in 30 posts

That's a keen price

Liked 61 in 36 posts

How old is she? Won't she want the kinect to play stupid dance games?

My lot love it...but I never ever ever have a dance on it...oh no, not me...

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by wobbler View Post

We bought kinect for my lot, 8 to 11 year olds and after an early bout of jumping and larking around it started gathering dust and was put away never to be seen again.

Liked 61 in 36 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    We bought kinect for my lot, 8 to 11 year olds and after an early bout of jumping and larking around it started gathering dust and was put away never to be seen again.
    I'm surprised tbh, we've got a couple of kinect games and it's a laugh, all of us dancing like twats, or jumping our inflatibles over a branch whilst white water rafting

Liked 297 in 175 posts

Quote Originally Posted by wobbler View Post

She sold her Wii thing recently and had stopped using the fit board thing, so i'm guessing/hoping not.

the new XBOX didnt appear to come with a headset so we bought one of these for her. Argos offer a 3 year unconditional guarantee for these for only 3.99. I laughed at it at first and said unless it included accidental damage I wouldn't be buying it. Bloke said it does include accidental damage and they had replaced one this mornng that had been chewed by a dog! Well as she is a clumsy girl I bought my first ever extended warranty !

Go Back to Forum My Forum