TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Kawasaki VN 800 views welcome

At Work
    Liked
    times

Default Kawasaki VN 800 views welcome

new bike time, and looking around fancy a bit of a change (though finance says so to after the last smash) so with a budget of around 4k, looking around the net have come across a couple of Kawasaki VN 800 up for sale, put them through the comparisons on the insurance and quite low (which is a good factor).

so views please, either good or bad. cheers.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Should Get Out More Thermostat9's Avatar
    Liked
    times

Default Re: Kawasaki VN 800 views welcome

Quote Originally Posted by badge73 View Post
    so views please, either good or bad. cheers.
    They are sound enough. Reliable and (relatively) trouble free anyway.

Avoid the Drifter if you ride in the wind.

Liked
    times

Small fuel tank if you like to go on long runs. Three gallon ish. Only ever knew one person who had one and she only got rid due to the tank range. Take it easy was about 130 miles I think it was but she wanted to start doing European trips. Poor mans Harley that seem to run forever.

Liked
    times
    Blog Entries

I nearly got a 1500 once

I like them
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

At Work
    Liked
    times

well its ticking the boxes so far, the fuel tank holds 15 litres according to mcn and average of 42 mpg so should not be to much of a problem.

only wish it was shaft drive but looking around seen the suzuki version is .... which might have to looked at (again trying to be maintenance free as much as possible or simple!)

At Work
    Liked
    times

after a bit of searching, off to look at the vn900 today and suzuki intruder 800 cc to see which one suits best, do like the suzuki as shaft drive and fuel injection, but the vn900 comes with screen and leather panniers but will let you know later on hopefully.

Go Back to Forum My Forum