TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Cheap throwaway LiOn drill - Lidls this week

Liked 20 in 14 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Cheap throwaway LiOn drill - Lidls this week

I know that this won't last forever, and I know that the batteries cannot be replaced - its a one shot deal, but then at 30 do you care? I have spend 30 on shit cordless screwdrivers, and not only is this one not shit, it also reasonably drills. I've had a quick play with it, and it will drill through concrete boarding (OK, not as sharply as my Makita, but what do you expect?), and will quite happily drive size 10 screws into a studwork wood with no pilot hole. It drove the screw to hold my concrete boarding on as well as my Makita, but needed a pilot hole (Makita probably does as well). I can't fault it for a 30 cordless screwdriver that drills as well, and if you think of it like that, you won't go wrong.

Have a look yourself.

Our Offers - Thursday, 06.06. - 10.8V Cordless Drill - Lidl UK
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 22 in 13 posts

Default Re: Cheap throwaway LiOn drill - Lidls this week

so the wife didn't let you buy the one you wanted then?

http://www.therevcounter.co.uk/trc-s...ml#post1956965

Liked 20 in 14 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post
    so the wife didn't let you buy the one you wanted then?

http://www.therevcounter.co.uk/trc-s...ml#post1956965
    I decided that I couldn't actually justify the expense of a Makita one, bought some second hand Nicad Makitas that matched the one I had already, and bought this cheap LiOn one. Nothing to do with what I was or was not allowed to do, just a realistic appraisal as to what I could and could not afford to do, and what I needed.
    Register to join this UK Motorbike Forum, start a motorbike blog, or use our free motorbike classifieds!

Liked 22 in 13 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzilla View Post
    I decided that I couldn't actually justify the expense of a Makita one, bought some second hand Nicad Makitas that matched the one I had already, and bought this cheap LiOn one. Nothing to do with what I was or was not allowed to do, just a realistic appraisal as to what I could and could not afford to do, and what I needed.
    so not only have you missed the 'winkie' smiley in my reply, but also updating the other thread with your purchase.

Liked 112 in 71 posts

Not me, not for cordless anyway. Despite not having the 'relying on my tools to make a living excuse' to fall back on, I hate having to lob away yet another drill with a fritzed motor, dead battery or half the buttons fallen off. It's taken me almost a dozen of dead'uns over the years, mind, but I'm finally having my eco button jerked off about it.

Liked 52 in 41 posts

3 year warranty, 10 per year, not bad for a hobbyist

Go Back to Forum My Forum