TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Wanted Musicman 5 string bass

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Nique
    Nique
    Really I would like a 24 fret Stingray...but they only seem to be 21 or 22

    its either that or a Bongo

    If you knopw of anyone ....PM me

    Ta muchly
  2. Twigman
    Twigman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nique View Post
    Really I would like a 24 fret Stingray...but they only seem to be 21 or 22

    its either that or a Bongo

    If you knopw of anyone ....PM me

    Ta muchly
    I think they only ever made the Stingray with either 21 or 22 frets.

    I donlt think I've ever seen a full 2 octave fingerboard on a stingray.
  3. Nique
    Nique
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigman View Post
    I think they only ever made the Stingray with either 21 or 22 frets.

    I donlt think I've ever seen a full 2 octave fingerboard on a stingray.
    Yeah I know....doing alot of digging and getting twitchy thinking about the cash I'll have to lay out for one......played one in a shop 2 days ago and decided that rather than just uy a backup bass for a couple of hundred that I now need a Stingray...and my current bass will be resigned to the subs bench
  4. Twigman
    Twigman
    Talking of Basses, has anybody here played a Fender Mustang with the short scale 30" neck?

    After several years of not playing and with dates in Italy to honour I'm now playing again I'm finding spanning 4 frets [esp frets 1 to 5] on my 34" precision a bit of a stretch and am wondering about trying the shorter scale Mustang....

    what's the verdict?
  5. Twigman
    Twigman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nique View Post
    Yeah I know....doing alot of digging and getting twitchy thinking about the cash I'll have to lay out for one......played one in a shop 2 days ago and decided that rather than just uy a backup bass for a couple of hundred that I now need a Stingray...and my current bass will be resigned to the subs bench
    Search (GAK)

    You know you want to.....
  6. Nique
    Nique
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigman View Post
    what's the verdict?

    Blaame yer parents for giving you 'Beadle Hands'

    I suffer from it mesen..never played with a short scale neck so I'm used to going at it like a pissed spider


    CHeck dis...getting very twitchy fingers...do you know owt about importing from the States?

    FS/T: 2008 Stingray 5 H/S Tobacco Burst - Harmony Central Musician Community Forums

    *Wibble*
  7. Twigman
    Twigman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nique View Post
    Blaame yer parents for giving you 'Beadle Hands'

    I suffer from it mesen..never played with a short scale neck so I'm used to going at it like a pissed spider


    CHeck dis...getting very twitchy fingers...do you know owt about importing from the States?

    FS/T: 2008 Stingray 5 H/S Tobacco Burst - Harmony Central Musician Community Forums

    *Wibble*
    Nice.....a brand new Stingray5 will set you back 1125 sterling
    http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/stingray-5/3476
    OUCH!
  8. Nique
    Nique
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigman View Post
    Nice.....a brand new Stingray5 will set you back 1125 sterling
    Music Man StingRay 5 (includes case) (GAK)
    OUCH!
    The one there isn't the same spec as the one I've linked to...my one will probably cost nearer 1500 brand new
  9. stoo
    stoo
    Have you considered the OLPMM32 ?

    I know it's not a genuine 'Ray, and the earlier OLPs have a bit of a shocking reputation for bad build quality, but the later, korean ones were a massive improvement. Double humbucker, and active 3 band EQ... sounds as good as a real Ray to my (admittedly somewhat novice) ears and the Black Cherry Burst finish looks awesomely subtle.

    I had a MM32 for a bit, but couldn't get on with the narrow string spacing, so bought the MM22 4 string... Ended up swapping the 5er for a fretless MIM Jazz... which is a crappily made toy in comparison to either of the OLPs I had.

    Both could have done with half an hour at a luthier to tidy the frets and set the action a little better... but than at nearly a grand cheaper than the equivalent EBMM Ray, that's not something that would concern me too much... Even if the neck warped a couple of years down the line, you could get a status graphite neck for it and STILL be quids in







    The photos don't really do the finish justice tho
  10. Nique
    Nique
    Quote Originally Posted by stoo View Post
    Have you considered the OLPMM32 ?
    Yes and No....I mean I've ruled out any of the 'little brother' makes ie G&L, OLP etc etc basicallyt coz that was what I was going to do originally...just get a half decent backup 5 stringer.

    I've currently got a Schecter which feels nicer most of the other 'budget' range guitars I've tried...the only thing that came close to that for bang for Buck was the G&L.

    After trying a proper Stingray the other day.....I ......MUST.......HAVE (also tried a Lakland which felt awful and a couple of Overwaters.....which were both over 2K)

    I'm looking at this as an investment....or at least thats what I'm trying to convince myself it is....after this...the head needs upgrading....Orange is favourite at the mo, but I'm gonna check out the Mesas...to compliment my bins.

    The conservatory roof and replacement bathroom will have to wait
Results 1 to 10 of 28
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission