TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1420

Thread: Northern Ireland bakery who refused to make gay themed cake ...

Liked 2,785 in 1,662 posts

Default Re: Northern Ireland bakery who refused to make gay themed cake ...

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    To be fair I look down on the religious ceremony of marriage as much as others look down on the civil ceremony. The civil ceremony is more honest, most of those participating in the religious ceremony these days are there for the pomp of tradition and the photo opportunities, rather than any belief.

I dunno what this sudden turn in the thread really has to do with the op though, other than another opportunity for gay-bashing.

Liked 2,668 in 1,741 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ink ink View Post
    But they still have to do sex properly.
    What does 'do sex properly' mean?
    If you mean for procreation, uterine transplants are a thing. Medicine has moved on, why accept some aspects and not others - or are you in the same room as the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Christian Scientists (sic) ?

Liked 4,063 in 2,731 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slowsider View Post
    If you mean for procreation, uterine transplants are a thing. Medicine has moved on, why accept some aspects and not others - or are you in the same room as the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Christian Scientists (sic) ?
    You’re keen to foist opinions you don’t like onto me.

Uterine transplants into men are “a thing” that doesn’t work. There’s nothing there to accept.

Liked 4,259 in 2,093 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    Or he found a woman in the Land of Nod and married her. The bible doesn't specify where she came from.

People believe this shit.

The scholars don't want to talk about the Land of Nod, a land that clearly developed alongside and possibly pre-dates Eden.

It's easy to see why they don't want to acknowledge it, it makes them all look like stupid cuddly wuddly beary beary boos.

Blog Entries

Is it now possible for a trans woman (male to female) to bear a child from an egg that has been in his/her body since shortly after he/she was conceived?

Has medical science moved on that much or are we saying that changing sex is something like a miracle? Does one have to go to Knock?

Liked 2,668 in 1,741 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yambo View Post
    Is it now possible for a trans woman (male to female) to bear a child from an egg that has been in his/her body since shortly after he/she was conceived?

Has medical science moved on that much or are we saying that changing sex is something like a miracle? Does one have to go to Knock?
    It's possible for an infertile ciswoman to carry an implanted embryo to term. Does her infertility make her not a woman?

I think one has to be Knocked-up.

Blog Entries

It's possible for an infertile ciswoman to carry an implanted embryo to term. Does her infertility make her not a woman?

I think one has to be Knocked-up.

I think one has to explain why she (the ciswoman or rather 'the woman') is infertile. It may well be possible with IVF; it may even be possible with her own eggs. Does a trans woman have a supply of eggs? Does he/she menstruate? I don't know, I've never been close enough to one to ask but I suspect the answer is no. Because he is not a woman. It's really quite simple.

Liked 4,063 in 2,731 posts
    Blog Entries

ciswoman
    You mean a woman, don’t you?

9. The following user liked this post made by ink ink:

Liked 313 in 210 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    Marriage is a single word that people commonly use to refer to the religious ceremony, conducted in a church by a vicar (or whatever they're called). That has for my entire lifetime meant a man and a woman etc. I don't care what people get up to, I am not a religious person but if a group want to change the meaning of something to suit themselves, that does annoy me. Have a civil partnership or even a homosexual marriage but for my money it needs a different name to distinguish it from the accepted norm.

In this case, whether you claim the single word is inherently secular or not, the gay community are demanding that the church conduct a religious ceremony of marriage so they can have a "proper" wedding. In my mind that cheapens the very nature of marriage and I wish they hadn't been so greedy.

It reminds me of a similar situation where a venerable ceremonial event has been hijacked by another group; "The Ashes". The Ashes is of course a reference to the ashes of English cricket when Australia burned the stumps and stuck them in an urn etc. Suddenly the Womens cricket team want to cash in on the meaning of this phrase and adopt "the ashes" to mean something else. So now it has to be called "the Womens Ashes" or somesuch which frankly I think is ridiculous. I think it's great that women have an interest in cricket, I think it's silly they can't just play the game alongside men and have to have a gender specific tournament but since they do, they should come up with their own "tradition".

There is no need for name calling. I assume the "screwball" name is an insult aimed at my alias. This is an adult conversation and if you have to engage in childish name calling, you are effectively saying you don't have a rational argument and are not worthy of attention.
    the rational argument was right there ya great bawbag, the screwball comment was just in case you wanted an easy out (which you took - well done!)

Liked 2,532 in 1,401 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    In this case, whether you claim the single word is inherently secular or not, the gay community are demanding that the church conduct a religious ceremony of marriage so they can have a "proper" wedding. In my mind that cheapens the very nature of marriage and I wish they hadn't been so greedy.
    I haven't claimed it's inherently secular, I am simply stating that there are secular marriages (I am married, it was secular, for example). As for people trying to get any religion to conduct a marriage in a fashion they don't agree with, what's the point? They don't want you in their club, it's make believe, get over it and move on - they'll be virtually gone eventually.

Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission