TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1323

Thread: Northern Ireland bakery who refused to make gay themed cake ...

A Bit Bored
    Liked 21 in 14 posts

Default Re: Northern Ireland bakery who refused to make gay themed cake ...

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzilla View Post
    Sean wasn't single, and he has been accused of gaslighting his girlfriend. Next.
    Bobz ( apologies for the tediousness to all else ) . I understand they were in a relationship , but virtually all references to them say they were not married or in a civil partnership .In my book , that makes him single . Sorry if you do not agree . If you have proof , he was married , I'd be interested to see it and will happily apologise .

Have to say though I find you extremely opinionated and dismissive of anybody who doesn't agree with your own point of view !

Liked 4,579 in 2,510 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    One of my american cousins refers to bodge jobs as "nigger rigged". Bit of an awkward moment from the Brit contingent when he dropped that into a conversation!
    I knew a black guy who worked for Shell at the refinery in Ellesmere Port. In the pub, He'd always introduce himself as "Brian, The nigger rigger".
    We/ he didn't use the phrases "taking it back or "owning it" in those days (late '70's) but everyone referred to him as Brian

3. The following user liked this post made by GiantPygmy:

Liked 2,274 in 1,362 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Isn't this the whole problem though? No one HAS to look at these pages or magazines, but they do and these are the people who perpetuate this, they are the 'we'.
    Well yes, we like to be offended and have a bitch about it. We just have differing levels of injustice.

Seann Walsh could be screwing his girlfriend's mum for all I care. If you're interested in celebrity and you're interested in that dancing show then this probably rates highly on your give-a-fuck-ometer. I'm sure it's the talk of the tearooms up and down the country - I'm sure my MIL will be avidly watching the dancing show come the weekend to see if 'that bastard' is on it, and gloat if he isn't. I only googled him because I didn't know who TF he was.

5. The following 3 users liked this useful post by DefTrap:

Liked 1,996 in 1,132 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    Well yes, we like to be offended and have a bitch about it. We just have differing levels of injustice.

Seann Walsh could be screwing his girlfriend's mum for all I care. If you're interested in celebrity and you're interested in that dancing show then this probably rates highly on your give-a-fuck-ometer. I'm sure it's the talk of the tearooms up and down the country - I'm sure my MIL will be avidly watching the dancing show come the weekend to see if 'that bastard' is on it, and gloat if he isn't. I only googled him because I didn't know who TF he was.
    Well exactly, I'd like to think most blokes CGAF, so that narrows it down as to who the 'we' are. But why are they so judgemental about people?

Liked 1,542 in 956 posts

That was an expensive cake and it did not even get made.... the right decision was made. The man had placed other orders there and been served. This particular order was declined on the basis that it was not in keeping with something they could in good conscious support. I've been in a similar situation recently and had to decline to do a blessing etc for a same sex marriage as my faith does not permit me to do that, I could however be there as a friend and do a prayer and blessing for the good. They did not think I was persecuting them and respected my viewpoint as much as I respect their right to a celebration of their civil partnership etc.... It is all down to context and interpretation as is always the case in these matters.

It is all to easy to be offended these days. Yes I have been subjected to persecution, to racism and to deliberate exclusion. Does not help that I am very tall, deaf, wear glasses and incredibly good looking

8. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Makman:

Liked 170 in 110 posts

I'm fine with the ruling. However should their business consequently fail I would deny them welfare in the basis that they deliberately sabotaged themselves.

Hashtag: capital is king

Liked 1,215 in 858 posts

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    I'm fine with the ruling. However should their business consequently fail I would deny them welfare in the basis that they deliberately sabotaged themselves.

Or maybe they prevented a customer backlash for supporting a political movement.

Liked 170 in 110 posts

Sure either way my point stands

That is the market is a better regulator than humans and their shitty biases
    Game theory>virtue ethics

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,221 in 2,681 posts

And that their profits have increased since...............

Liked 4,967 in 3,106 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    One of my american cousins refers to bodge jobs as "nigger rigged". Bit of an awkward moment from the Brit contingent when he dropped that into a conversation!
    I met a Brit who'd returned after 40 years in Sarf Africa. He referred to the washing machine as the electric ni**er and was surprised when we all looked shocked.

Liked 8,160 in 4,273 posts

In "Norn Iron" i suspect his takings are up. In London it'd be lease for let...

Liked 1,114 in 734 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by treadeager View Post
    Bobz ( apologies for the tediousness to all else ) . I understand they were in a relationship , but virtually all references to them say they were not married or in a civil partnership .In my book , that makes him single . Sorry if you do not agree . If you have proof , he was married , I'd be interested to see it and will happily apologise .
    They weren't married or in a civil partnership, correct.

However, they had been in a relationship for at least 4 years, lived together, had a cat together. They had created a life together. I have no idea of your relationship status, but I would be surprised if anyone (you excluded) would consider Seann Walsh single. Perhaps the most telling thing is that Seann Walsh himself didn't consider himself single.

Quote Originally Posted by treadeager View Post
    Have to say though I find you extremely opinionated and dismissive of anybody who doesn't agree with your own point of view !
    You're entitled to take that view. However, I'm not sure that I would have put that statement directly after the sort of crass opinion you've just posted above. And I would take issue with your statement anyway - I am only dismissive of people where they have repeatedly shown themselves to be ridiculous. Mostly, I am dismissive of opinions. And no, in that statement I'm not dismissing you, I'm dismissing your statement.

Liked 1,114 in 734 posts
    Blog Entries

Have a read of Peter Tatchall's comments, link posted by Yorick. Then have a think about what you have just said.

The short version is that anyone who sets up a business should be forced to produce whatever anyone wants regardless of whether they want to produce it or not, regardless of whether it contravenes the beliefs of the business owner, under threat of abject poverty.

I sincerely hope you're being controversial rather than serious.

Liked 5,798 in 3,003 posts

If a gay man came to hospital with AIDS would you deny him welfare because him and his husband injected it into their bottoms themselves?

Liked 2,137 in 1,444 posts

Listening to this on the Beeb today, someone made the comment that a well know gay activist visited a well known Christian conservative bakery asking for said cake. Now I wonder why?

Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission