TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Results 1,126 to 1,135 of 1135

Thread: New bike day... "Do what the &^^&*& you like..." Oh... it's not the same ?

Liked 5,978 in 3,481 posts

Default Re: New bike day... "Do what the &^^&*& you like..." Oh... it's not the same ?

Been noticing lately some minor fuelling issues at times with it feeling a bit flat at times

So I've done a few things

KTM 15 minute reset
    Kev's O2 controller bought

I then spent some time cleaning as it is very dusty out there. Nothing major, just some bodywork off, exhaust off etc. But it looks half respectable now

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
  3. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

Liked 4,903 in 2,635 posts

Default Re: New bike day... "Do what the &^^&*& you like..." Oh... it's not the same ?

Who's Kev and what is his o2 controller all about?

Liked 3,173 in 1,965 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Who's Kev and what is his o2 controller all about?
    It's about a railway in Wales

Liked 2,799 in 1,537 posts

what's the KTM 15 min reset?

Liked 3,173 in 1,965 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    what's the KTM 15 min reset?
    One of the many bodges needed to make it run proper, innit?

OK, so the 15 minute rest is where you fire up the bike on paddock stands/vertically and leave it running without touching the throttle for 15 mins. No less, no more than 15:30. Don't ask me how important the exact timing is, but these days it's not hard to be exact. The theory is that the ECU/SAS/electronics learn the ambient temperature, the air density and a load of other things that then helps it with any running issues. It's unknown truthfully how this all actually works, but the process is defined in the KTM manuals and many people have had their bikes running better after performing it. It's often done at the start of spring by people after being laid up.
    https://www.google.co.uk/#q=ktm+15+minute+reset

Kevs O2 sensor, well that's a little more complex, but KTM690's and XT660X's for example run very lean in the closed loop, that's below 3500rpm. This can't be tuned out by a power commander etc as they don't configure closed loop fuelling, so Kevs jobbie plugs into the loom at the sensor from the exhaust/ECU and fixes the issues within the closed loop.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1321740559...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

There's more details in there.

I'd just like it to run a bit better at certain times, so it was a reasonable cost expense to try. Rather than a PC5 and re-map which is getting very expensive.

9. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

Been fannying about and swapped fuelling modes lately. Today was mode 3, Standard. Much prefer this one. Bike just fuels really nicely with it, although still a bit of a flat spot at 5,000rpm. But really enjoyed it.

Also removed the screen at the weekend, i just can't face it... every time i look at the bike with the screen i want to set it on fire ! I'll keep it for trackdays, but it's being binned for every day use that's for sure.

Got a lovely part worn Supercorsa front tyre coming in the post from Phlik, top man.... my front is OK, but running a little square, so will get a nicer profile front on there and hopefully also find a nice 160 rear to go on too in a couple of weeks.

Liked 762 in 506 posts

I set mine to 2 the other day. I did this for a while last year and didn't notice a huge difference, until I set it back to 3 when it felt like it had lost some responsiveness so I was having the twist the throttle more/harder for the same effect. However this time I changed it just before coming into work and for traffic etc it felt a bit rubbish so after going to/from work and picking holes in it I set it back to 3. I think 2 would be good for a fast blast but just doesn't feel as nice in traffic.

I'm liking my screen. Not a huge difference but takes just enough off that it makes it far more comfy at speed. It does look a bit pony though.

O2 controller came in the post today, so it's a quick 5 mins job and it's done. Ideally need to do a 15 minute reset in a little while and then will test it either today/tomorrow.

13. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Here's a bit of a weird one then guys.

I fitted Kevs O2 controller and i get blink codes as per video.

Now, unless i'm mistaken, that's 4 long and 5 short.

Which gives the following.

However on the test ride, i'm certain it feels better and smoother at the bottom end fuelling as it's supposed to.

I'm pretty sure the FI light isn't 'normal' as when i previously had the O2 controller i deffo didn't get the FI light flashing.

I then disconnect the Module and the FI errors go away, re-connect it, they come back, remove.... they go away. So there's no debate the module is causing the FI light....

Over to you Kev

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Go Back to Forum My Forum