TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
Results 1,231 to 1,239 of 1239

Thread: New bike day... "Do what the &^^&*& you like..." Oh... it's not the same ?

Liked 6,312 in 3,686 posts

Default Re: New bike day... "Do what the &^^&*& you like..." Oh... it's not the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    The map is one thing, but the way it translates and actually feels on the road is another.
    The map changes on my LC didn't look massive on the map, you could obviously see a positive change but I wasn't sure how it would feel.
    The result was like night and day though, it completely changes the personality of the bike - I suppose it depends on how well you know your bike and whether you're the sort of person who notices changes, even if they're subtle. I'm not a super fast rider or a GP star obviously, but I can instantly tell the difference of 2psi in the tyres or very small changes on a curve, or very subtle suspension changes.
    Never been my strong point. Riding it into work this morning i'm back on Map 2, the Advanced/Wild map... If i were pushed, i don't really want or need more power. Thinking about it, i'd rather spend the 350 on a MTB holiday where i can push myself and my bike a lot harder

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 814 in 537 posts

Default Re: New bike day... "Do what the &^^&*& you like..." Oh... it's not the same ?

It's all the knock on costs that probably wouldn't make it worth it for me. 350 plus you'd need a decat pipe and airfilter mods to make the most of it. Then it'd be bloody loud. Whereas I need a new set of tyres and next service I'll need a valve check which between em will be 500 notes +

When I was younger with no bills I'd have done it like a shot.

Funnily, I spoke to a mate who runs a Dyno place about this and asked him some questions.

"The only place I'd trust to do this job is Hilltop, he knows his stuff. If you'd have said anywhere else, I'd have told you not to trust them"

And this is from a competitor (although one who doesn't have the software to do KTM )

I also found out it uses the lambda sensor to do on the fly learning, so if you change exhausts after, it auto learns and corrects it. He was saying stuff about how it's not quite as good as a full custom map with a PC5 as it can only adjust fuelling within certain increments, but it's not witchcraft and does actually do a great job

Liked 767 in 398 posts

I can't keep up, did you get another 690 or still on the 390?

I've seen a 390 for cheap, thinking of it for the winter bike.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerpuk View Post
    I can't keep up, did you get another 690 or still on the 390?

I've seen a 390 for cheap, thinking of it for the winter bike.
    I have a 690.

Well in a rather strange twist of events, i will be riding the 690 at Donington GP this weekend on Sunday ! Impossible to resist sometimes, so that's the new plan for me now.

8. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Liked 2,930 in 1,611 posts

I've got clearance so I'll come up with you

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    I've got clearance so I'll come up with you
    You're a STAR ! It does mean you'll have to eat donuts and drink coffee on the way though, it's traditional

Looking forward to it now.

Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Liked 2,369 in 1,083 posts

Awesome make sure you win !

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
Go Back to Forum My Forum