TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990
Results 1,336 to 1,346 of 1346

Thread: New bike thread, KTM 690 Duke, the orange keeper?

Liked 6,763 in 3,915 posts

Default Re: New bike thread, KTM 690 Duke, the orange keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Sorry Although to be fair I procrastinate a stupid amount before I buy anything and usually miss out cos of it. Odd that there still doesn't seem to be any definitive info out there Have you spoken to your dealer, you get on with them don't you so they might know?
    They won't know IMO.

With the 690-4 you have 2 maps.

1. Standard
    2. Evo - Air filter, Cam, exhaust

There's no Akra map like on Superdukes/RC8's etc and no option to do a TuneECU config as not compatible. There's so many people running so many variations of exhaust configs and very few people are running anything other than the stock or the Evo map. Mostly the stock. It's common for people to run the Fresco/Dominator mid section and i don't recall seeing any issues caused by this, but it's hard as some 690's seem to have issues and some don't, but how many of them are on standard or non-standard i don't really know. Also, don't know if they had issues before modding, or just since modding.

Don't be sorry... motorbikes are all about learning, sometimes you learn the easy way, sometimes the hard way

Even if i just fill in the returns form, it's still an easy lesson, far easier than some i've had and far cheaper

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 868 in 579 posts

Well you might be fine then. Re mapping I assume a PC would work for sure but then that's more cash

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Well you might be fine then. Re mapping I assume a PC would work for sure but then that's more cash
    Without doubt, but a PC is 200 and then 300 to get a map done... that's getting insane then. That's simply not an option.

I've emailed a couple of dealers with the question, we'll see if i get anything useful back. Sometimes the forums of the world actually know more than the dealers IME.

Liked 5,631 in 3,008 posts

Most bikes with cats seem to either have the decat/standard can or cat/race can, but rarely do i see decat and race can as its becomes a straight through. If you have either of the first two I'd suspect your map will be okay, but if you have the last configuration, i'd guess you're going to be getting lean in places?

Not Much To Do
    Liked 212 in 89 posts

I've nothing to add, other than: BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

7. The following 2 users liked this useful post by wotsits:

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Most bikes with cats seem to either have the decat/standard can or cat/race can, but rarely do i see decat and race can as its becomes a straight through. If you have either of the first two I'd suspect your map will be okay, but if you have the configuration, i'd guess you're going to be getting lean in places?
    I was planning on keeping the stock can. So can stock and decat mid section. That should be in theory a bit noisier as dropping the cat, but the LeoVince one has a mid section.
    LeoVince designed this decat pipe to give you more power, and sound. Their unique primary silencer cuts down the harsh notes from your exhaust system whilst still giving a better more throaty sound, and helps back pressure for a better performing exhaust.
    So.... i dunno now.

Liked 5,631 in 3,008 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    I was planning on keeping the stock can. So can stock and decat mid section. That should be in theory a bit noisier as dropping the cat, but the LeoVince one has a mid section. So.... i dunno now.
    I would think you'll be all right with that configuration. Its a pretty common way of doing it, change one or the other but not both.

Shipped it back as i can't get a useful answer.... As much as it would be nice... not at the consequence of my bike not running well.

Liked 868 in 579 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    Shipped it back as i can't get a useful answer.... As much as it would be nice... not at the consequence of my bike not running well.
    Chicken

12. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

Not Much To Do
    Liked 212 in 89 posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotsits View Post
    I've nothing to add, other than: BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
    braap

14. The following 4 users liked this useful post by wotsits:

Liked 2,203 in 1,226 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Most bikes with cats seem to either have the decat/standard can or cat/race can, but rarely do i see decat and race can as its becomes a straight through. If you have either of the first two I'd suspect your map will be okay, but if you have the last configuration, i'd guess you're going to be getting lean in places?
    I ran my 636 with a race can and as standard map it ran a bit rich at the overrun with the odd popping and banging on downshifts ..... The GS ran with a decat and a race can for a while and it made the midrange better with no ill effects at the top but was noisy as fuck to the extent i was careful on the throttle in town as it was offensively loud. I went to the decat and a stock pipe after a few weeks and the fuelling was as good but the noise more socially acceptable (bear in mind my 636 was a high revving screamer with an Akrapovic pipe so i dont mind loud )

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990
Go Back to Forum My Forum