TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 271 of 273 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273 LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4091

Thread: TRC Does Zwift??

Liked 10,902 in 6,161 posts

Default Re: TRC Does Zwift??

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Awesome race with fellow STWer. It was Tempus Fugit, so mostly flat and shortish at 19km.

We both went off in lead group, but a bunch of As flew past and i thought "we're not staying with them" but they eased and the blob brought them back. The next 12-13km flew by as i was pushing hard, seeing 174, 175, 176 on the HR, right up at my flat out effort... But i managed to stay in there, so did my STW buddy... It was a group of 15-16 i think. With about 5-6km to the end it all went off, a bunch of As split, then some Bs split after them but don't think they made it, I'd already decided if this happens i was sitting in my group, not kicking, i was seeing 177bpm now and finding it hard. A little 1% false flat saw me change to a gear lighter and increase cadence which helpd.... So we sat in our group of 5-6 with the distance ticking down. With 700m to go we were together and on 550m i wound it up, i don't have a sprint, but sometimes i have a kick... I could only hold it till 350m to the line though and my fellow riders all went past me, including the STW guy

bit of a bummer, but got an FTP increase to 275w, which was nice... I don't do FTP tests and i knew i was WAY less than 295w i previously set, so i dropped it a few weeks ago to 255w to see what racing gives me... I'm happy at 275w for a short term effort, it gives me a target anyway.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=224845

2. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

Liked 1,050 in 873 posts

4. The following user liked this post made by joe19:

Typical race this morning. Went out on a shortish flat one, stayed happily in the A/B group with fellow STWer who was punishing us all from the front position. It was all going so well until some smart ar** decided to lob in a watt bomb, someone followed, then someone else, next thing you know it had all blown apart and as usual i was on the wrong side of the split !!!!! ARRRGHHHH.

2 others had just missed it also and they went after them so i jumped and kicked after them putting out 400w for about a minute, but i couldn’t make the bridge with them. So i sat and looked behind, 4-5s to the group of 6 behind me… I waited.. jumped on their group and we cruised until 1.5km out, when a B kicked…. It felt like a good chance to split so i went with them, but the group hung with me and we closed it back.
    With 750m to go 2 went for it and gapped us… i couldn’t kick, so waited till 250m and beat the other 4 in the sprint for the line.
    2nd in C… Grrrrr.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=226501

6. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Quote Originally Posted by joe19 View Post
    I invested a fiver in a Garmin type mount to stick to my phone cover for this. I'll certainly give it a try for a laugh.

Liked 1,050 in 873 posts

From the video it looks like you need to be a little careful with the front wheel too

From the video it looks like you need to be a little careful with the front wheel too
    In what sense?

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,587 in 1,018 posts
    Blog Entries

I hope when you go fast enough it switches to countersteering

Liked 1,050 in 873 posts

Just make sure it can move properly and doesn't impact the back of the bike. In his video he showed the trainer moving around if setup wrong.

12. The following user liked this post made by joe19:

Just make sure it can move properly and doesn't impact the back of the bike. In his video he showed the trainer moving around if setup wrong.
    sure, sounds good. I noticed the other day if i use a carpet tile it moves the front end LOTS.. so i scrapped that... but would be most useful for this.

Liked 1,050 in 873 posts

Oh my, I don't know whether to cry, puke or just keel over and lie down.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=235231

Watopia figure 8 race, so a bit hilly for me.
    Went off in reverse which surprised me and I hung where I wanted up the first hill and through the rollers, over the bridge sprint I held my position and yes, we got to the climb and blam, out the back. But picked up 3 new buddies at the top and down the far sIde we collected 3 more, it's then flat for a fair bit so we held together and hit the last hill, again, a bit long and steep so I mostly got dumped out of the group, but with 1 guy with me and 2 from behind we had a small group, which grew as we picked up 2 more who were not as fast as one of our lads.
    Down through the water tube bit and we're catching 2 more, on the kick out we catch them at 800m to go. I held off on the sprint, 300, 280m go go! I did my best but 280m lasted a lifetime! Battled to the line with a C who beat me by 2m. According to Zwift we're same time but he had me by a fraction.

Great race, hard finish, I honestly really very nearly three up after it. I've been struggling with a reflux issue lately and this nearly blew me out of the water!

16. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

At Work
    Liked 647 in 375 posts

I had a go at a Zwift race last night. It was a Hare and Hounds race which is made up of 4 categories, A to D, each with different weight per kg limits and each set off at different times, the aim being to get to the finish at roughly the same time. I stuck myself in the B class as I'm right on the cusp of A and B and after about 3 minutes warm-up, A was going to be a big ask from pretty much cold.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=235829

It was a 4 lap race with a few lumps and bumps in, a kind of rouleurs type terrain. 1st lap was pretty tough getting up to speed and used to the effort but after that it wasn't too bad. There were a few pushes on the up-slopes to whittle the group down and keep the pace up but managed to stay in. Laps 2 and 3 went past without too much drama, and then the final lap came round. There was a bit more of an effort from the group to split it and I did a bit more on the final lap to help things along, probably shouldn't of in hindsight as when it got to the sprint, I didn't have a lot left but did what I could. I should have tried to ride off the front of the group from further out rather than try for a sprint but hey ho, it was what it was. Of the 21 or so B's I came in 6th and only 0.7/0.8 or so behind the winner. It was a tough effort, 301w avg/309w NP for the 50 minute duration.

18. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Timmy:

Liked 1,050 in 873 posts

Very nice Timmy!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    I had a go at a Zwift race last night. It was a Hare and Hounds race which is made up of 4 categories, A to D, each with different weight per kg limits and each set off at different times, the aim being to get to the finish at roughly the same time. I stuck myself in the B class as I'm right on the cusp of A and B and after about 3 minutes warm-up, A was going to be a big ask from pretty much cold.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=235829

It was a 4 lap race with a few lumps and bumps in, a kind of rouleurs type terrain. 1st lap was pretty tough getting up to speed and used to the effort but after that it wasn't too bad. There were a few pushes on the up-slopes to whittle the group down and keep the pace up but managed to stay in. Laps 2 and 3 went past without too much drama, and then the final lap came round. There was a bit more of an effort from the group to split it and I did a bit more on the final lap to help things along, probably shouldn't of in hindsight as when it got to the sprint, I didn't have a lot left but did what I could. I should have tried to ride off the front of the group from further out rather than try for a sprint but hey ho, it was what it was. Of the 21 or so B's I came in 6th and only 0.7/0.8 or so behind the winner. It was a tough effort, 301w avg/309w NP for the 50 minute duration.
    Good work. !!!

Hit a wall about 8km from the end. First laps, cruising, then laps 4-5-6 were going OK, the little kick to the line i had to push on to get up with the lightweights, then end of lap 6 into lap 7 i just had nothing at the top of the hill. I was then dead and cooked.

I’ve been having some issues lately with an eating problem, so my reserves are limited, the good news is, my weight has dropped from 15st 3 to 14st 11 in a week LOL.

Just for Timmy.... this was actually a really funny ride....

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=262533

Well that was almost a comical race and nearly made me scream.
    The race went off hard! I was trying to find a group to suit, a cadence to suit and just about managed it. We had a couple of fast A/B guys who’d missed their split dragging us along in a group of 20+ and we quickly reeled in another.
    Course has a minor 3% kick that’s sort of the entry to Titans Grove and I knew if I list the wheel I was done. So I hammered myself on it and managed to hold my group, at the back of it, yes, but in it, a couple of 5s bursts of speed saw me nestling in the group.

Along into proper Watopia and then blam “windows has applied critical updates and will restart in 9:59s…. 58s…”

I was 6.5km I think from the end and no way to cancel this particular update set. The second part of the problem was that the message was right in the middle of the screen and I couldn’t see either myself or the other riders. We then had problem 3, I had a 3s power drop out, which pushed me to the back of the group. I fought my way back in but next thing I knew I’d list the wheels and was 3.5km and in a solo tt for the line.
    Looking at the timings the guts behind were 31s down and I was just about holding my own on power with them. Until a B started lobbing jn 4w/kg at the front of their group.
    1km to go, my clock still counting down and the group behind closing constantly and I’m trying to keep the power in. As we got to the line I beat the 2 guys by 0.1s, I was watching them as I had 200m to the line, they were 45m, 40m, 32m etc, just closing but I held it.
    Windows update timer had just 14s left as I crossed the line and I quickly saved it before I lost the ride in the ether.
    It also shows me that my turbo was deffo miscalibrated the other day, again this was a tougher effort on a more suited course, lower power numbers all round. But hey ho. A decent race and good fun for sure.

If it had binned out with 30s before the line though, i doubt i'd have found it nearly as funny.

Just to add, weight now showing at 14st 6. I was slightly lower about 18 months ago, but only for a short time before holidays meant it snuck back up.

22. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission