TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 272 of 272 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272
Results 4,066 to 4,070 of 4070

Thread: TRC Does Zwift??

Liked 1,031 in 860 posts

Default Re: TRC Does Zwift??

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.

Liked 10,463 in 5,992 posts

Oh my, I don't know whether to cry, puke or just keel over and lie down.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=235231

Watopia figure 8 race, so a bit hilly for me.
    Went off in reverse which surprised me and I hung where I wanted up the first hill and through the rollers, over the bridge sprint I held my position and yes, we got to the climb and blam, out the back. But picked up 3 new buddies at the top and down the far sIde we collected 3 more, it's then flat for a fair bit so we held together and hit the last hill, again, a bit long and steep so I mostly got dumped out of the group, but with 1 guy with me and 2 from behind we had a small group, which grew as we picked up 2 more who were not as fast as one of our lads.
    Down through the water tube bit and we're catching 2 more, on the kick out we catch them at 800m to go. I held off on the sprint, 300, 280m go go! I did my best but 280m lasted a lifetime! Battled to the line with a C who beat me by 2m. According to Zwift we're same time but he had me by a fraction.

Great race, hard finish, I honestly really very nearly three up after it. I've been struggling with a reflux issue lately and this nearly blew me out of the water!

3. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

At Work
    Liked 631 in 368 posts

I had a go at a Zwift race last night. It was a Hare and Hounds race which is made up of 4 categories, A to D, each with different weight per kg limits and each set off at different times, the aim being to get to the finish at roughly the same time. I stuck myself in the B class as I'm right on the cusp of A and B and after about 3 minutes warm-up, A was going to be a big ask from pretty much cold.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=235829

It was a 4 lap race with a few lumps and bumps in, a kind of rouleurs type terrain. 1st lap was pretty tough getting up to speed and used to the effort but after that it wasn't too bad. There were a few pushes on the up-slopes to whittle the group down and keep the pace up but managed to stay in. Laps 2 and 3 went past without too much drama, and then the final lap came round. There was a bit more of an effort from the group to split it and I did a bit more on the final lap to help things along, probably shouldn't of in hindsight as when it got to the sprint, I didn't have a lot left but did what I could. I should have tried to ride off the front of the group from further out rather than try for a sprint but hey ho, it was what it was. Of the 21 or so B's I came in 6th and only 0.7/0.8 or so behind the winner. It was a tough effort, 301w avg/309w NP for the 50 minute duration.

5. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Timmy:

Liked 1,031 in 860 posts

Very nice Timmy!

Liked 10,463 in 5,992 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    I had a go at a Zwift race last night. It was a Hare and Hounds race which is made up of 4 categories, A to D, each with different weight per kg limits and each set off at different times, the aim being to get to the finish at roughly the same time. I stuck myself in the B class as I'm right on the cusp of A and B and after about 3 minutes warm-up, A was going to be a big ask from pretty much cold.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=235829

It was a 4 lap race with a few lumps and bumps in, a kind of rouleurs type terrain. 1st lap was pretty tough getting up to speed and used to the effort but after that it wasn't too bad. There were a few pushes on the up-slopes to whittle the group down and keep the pace up but managed to stay in. Laps 2 and 3 went past without too much drama, and then the final lap came round. There was a bit more of an effort from the group to split it and I did a bit more on the final lap to help things along, probably shouldn't of in hindsight as when it got to the sprint, I didn't have a lot left but did what I could. I should have tried to ride off the front of the group from further out rather than try for a sprint but hey ho, it was what it was. Of the 21 or so B's I came in 6th and only 0.7/0.8 or so behind the winner. It was a tough effort, 301w avg/309w NP for the 50 minute duration.
    Good work. !!!

Hit a wall about 8km from the end. First laps, cruising, then laps 4-5-6 were going OK, the little kick to the line i had to push on to get up with the lightweights, then end of lap 6 into lap 7 i just had nothing at the top of the hill. I was then dead and cooked.

I’ve been having some issues lately with an eating problem, so my reserves are limited, the good news is, my weight has dropped from 15st 3 to 14st 11 in a week LOL.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission