TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: CBR600F4i High Fuel Consumption

Liked 1,220 in 857 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: CBR600F4i High Fuel Consumption

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by esxkfd View Post
    He said it has to do with the full Delkevic system, and apparently they are the worst in terms of messing with the system. He said headers should go back to original honda, or a power commander is necessary. He also said that if it was a carbed model, it would cut out because it is too rich but FI models cope better.
    Well mine doesn't. OTOH as said it originally came with the oe pipes but a leo vinvi can, and I don't know if the carbs had been previously rejetted to that can. I also have the oe Honda one. It's runs richer on the oe.

Dunno about the 2004 but previous the oe pipes were mild steel & they all rot out underneath where the pipes collect into 1. TBH the usual rule on a mardy modded anything is to return it to stock, measure etc & then take it from there. Delkevic is budget & as I said earlier, a bit of a bastard to get to fit, even with 2 people on it.

Can't for the life of me recall who makes the better SS replacement pipe systems. If I was you I'd set up a saved search on ebay for that & the oe & see what the summer brings you.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    A Bit Bored
    Liked 15 in 8 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Editor View Post
    Well mine doesn't. OTOH as said it originally came with the oe pipes but a leo vinvi can, and I don't know if the carbs had been previously rejetted to that can. I also have the oe Honda one. It's runs richer on the oe.

Dunno about the 2004 but previous the oe pipes were mild steel & they all rot out underneath where the pipes collect into 1. TBH the usual rule on a mardy modded anything is to return it to stock, measure etc & then take it from there. Delkevic is budget & as I said earlier, a bit of a bastard to get to fit, even with 2 people on it.

Can't for the life of me recall who makes the better SS replacement pipe systems. If I was you I'd set up a saved search on ebay for that & the oe & see what the summer brings you.
    I managed to find a PC5 unused for 200 quid, do you think I should go for it? I checked Dynojet website and they dont have a map for delkevic so it will have to be custom set up.

Liked 1,171 in 747 posts

I managed to find a PC5 unused for 200 quid, do you think I should go for it? I checked Dynojet website and they dont have a map for delkevic so it will have to be custom set up.
    Not necessarily, email Dynojet, there may be similar setups you could try first. Either way, i would go for it, that's a good price, and if you do have to go down a custom map route, i'll wager it will fly afterwards.

Liked 5,146 in 2,966 posts

There's a few peeps managed to get PC3's from the US for £100 recently.

On your bike I can't imagine any advantage the 5 would have over the 3 (if you can find one).

Liked 7,010 in 4,051 posts

Why not just buy a standard exhaust, standard filter and you won't need any fuelling changes ?

7. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 42 in 36 posts

What Weeksy said and if you look harder you'll probably find cheaper, but here are some originals for £139 - cheaper than a PC plus mapping etc. and you can then sell your Delkovic pipes to recoup £80-100; net cost to you is then around £50

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CBR-...wAAOSwubRXIQ2G

Cheaper and better condition here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CBR-...QAAOSw2GlXHJDA - after selling your Delkovic ones you'll probably be in profit
    Last edited by Flyingjelly; 13-05-16 at 19:06.

Liked 825 in 535 posts

The first one looks like stainless but he second one doesn't. Did they change materials part way through the model run?

They did on the 900, it got a stainless set in 98, you could retrofit to earlier bikes back to 92, but the older cans didn't fit.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Hi there
    Have you sorted your problem yet?
    I may be able to help you if not.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 15 in 8 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patnav View Post
    Hi there
    Have you sorted your problem yet?
    I may be able to help you if not.
    No I did not, I pretty much lived with it. I still get roughly 110 miles before reserve light is on

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

<Ancient Thread Resurrection Alert>

Evening all.

I too have a CBR600F4i which I think is a bit heavy on fuel.

When I first got the bike it had quite a bad flat spot in the mid range, wasnít great on fuel and smelt of it at traffic lights etc.

Having read up on these, I changed the FPR, serviced it (including new Iridium plugs) and also swapped the aftermarket downpipes for a good set of OE with the link pipes that link header 1 to 2 and 3 to 4.

The bike then lost the flat spot and ran better overall but Iím still concerned about the MPG.

Iíve ridden it 200miles today. On the return leg I managed 41mpg. This was sitting mostly at around an indicated 75 with gentle acceleration etc and all of the journey between fuel stops being motorway.

Compared to other 600s Iíve had - including carb fed CBRs - this is bad. I had a GSR600 last year which did 65mpg when I had to ride it like a nun due to (a very irate) SWMBO following. Also had an FZ6 which would crack 55mpg on a steady motorway run, sometimes more.

Both of these are newer generation to be fair and because they have a cat I suspect the fuelling has been set up to make sure that doesnít get damaged but still - Iíd have expected at least 45mpg today, possibly more given some of the figures given on Fuelly.

So... is there anything else obvious I could try?

Itís actually not too bad when youíre scratching on normal roads, partly because I think although you may be Ďaving it largeí in places, the throttle isnít open constantly like it is when cruising.

This is what makes me think there maybe a fuelling problem given I was using very light throttle for the majority of today.

Any suggestions gratefully received. It starts first time every time, idles fast as expected and then settles down to 1200rpm. Runs smoothly and since the downpipes and FPR were changed, no popping on the overrun.

Just to add you can smell itís a bit rich on idle but nothing compared to before I changed the FPR etc. As it doesnít have a cat Iíd expect it to be a bit smelly anyway.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Go Back to Forum My Forum