TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 301 to 310 of 310

Thread: Grotty old Fazer rescued from compost heap.

  1. #301
    Should Get Out More chillitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gloucestercestershire
    Posts
    12,309
    Like
    2,745
    Liked 4,205 in 2,081 posts

    Default Re: Grotty old Fazer rescued from compost heap.


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Been for a spin and it is a bit of a laugh. There are still a few issues to sort though. Speedo doesn't work, and the gear change is still a bit of a lottery. Messing with the tyre sizes doesnt seem to have upset it and it doesnt feel like much would upset it. Tick over is still creeping up.

  2. The following 2 users liked this useful post by chillitt:


  3. #302
    Should Get Out More a_morti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gibraltar
    Posts
    11,704
    Like
    1,260
    Liked 960 in 620 posts

    Default Re: Grotty old Fazer rescued from compost heap.

    The usual suspects for gear change: oil level/freshness, pedal pivot point and linkage, chain tension/condition, clutch cable freeplay. My bet would be pedal if you have not removed/serviced it yet.

    My old xj600s gear change went to pot when the sprocket carrier bearing failed. Worth checking if you don't find it on the above stuff.

  4. The following user liked this post made by a_morti:


  5. #303
    Should Get Out More chillitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gloucestercestershire
    Posts
    12,309
    Like
    2,745
    Liked 4,205 in 2,081 posts

    Default Re: Grotty old Fazer rescued from compost heap.

    Quote Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
    The usual suspects for gear change: oil level/freshness, pedal pivot point and linkage, chain tension/condition, clutch cable freeplay. My bet would be pedal if you have not removed/serviced it yet.

    My old xj600s gear change went to pot when the sprocket carrier bearing failed. Worth checking if you don't find it on the above stuff.
    There's something going on with the selector fork. I think its getting better with some use.. there is a load of slop in the linkage though. Ta.

  6. #304
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    14,027
    Like
    882
    Liked 2,565 in 1,531 posts

    Default Re: Grotty old Fazer rescued from compost heap.

    I know someone selling most of a Fazer for 100 if you need spares, it has to be collected from Spalding

  7. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:


  8. #305
    Should Get Out More chillitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gloucestercestershire
    Posts
    12,309
    Like
    2,745
    Liked 4,205 in 2,081 posts

    Default Re: Grotty old Fazer rescued from compost heap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    I know someone selling most of a Fazer for 100 if you need spares, it has to be collected from Spalding
    Well it's a day out.. got any more details?

  9. #306
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    14,027
    Like
    882
    Liked 2,565 in 1,531 posts

    Default Re: Grotty old Fazer rescued from compost heap.

    Quote Originally Posted by chillitt View Post
    Well it's a day out.. got any more details?
    I'll have a look on Facebook later and update you.

  10. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:


  11. #307
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    14,027
    Like
    882
    Liked 2,565 in 1,531 posts

    Default Re: Grotty old Fazer rescued from compost heap.

    Can't look at FaceAche until this evening, but I think it was Scottie Redmond who advertised it on the Grumpy 1260 group, join the group and you'll see it - you'll probably regret joining as you'll get sucked into a world of tuned old Suzukis and Kawasakis and Classic Bike Trackdays - it'd be cheaper to be hooked on crack

  12. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:


  13. #308
    Should Get Out More chillitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gloucestercestershire
    Posts
    12,309
    Like
    2,745
    Liked 4,205 in 2,081 posts

    Default Re: Grotty old Fazer rescued from compost heap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Can't look at FaceAche until this evening, but I think it was Scottie Redmond who advertised it on the Grumpy 1260 group, join the group and you'll see it - you'll probably regret joining as you'll get sucked into a world of tuned old Suzukis and Kawasakis and Classic Bike Trackdays - it'd be cheaper to be hooked on crack
    Sounds awful. Thanks, I'll have a look.

  14. #309
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    14,027
    Like
    882
    Liked 2,565 in 1,531 posts

    Default Re: Grotty old Fazer rescued from compost heap.

    Quote Originally Posted by chillitt View Post
    Sounds awful. Thanks, I'll have a look.
    It's the Fenland initiation ritual that is the scary part, they'll want to glue webbing between your fingers and toes.

  15. #310
    Should Get Out More chillitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gloucestercestershire
    Posts
    12,309
    Like
    2,745
    Liked 4,205 in 2,081 posts

    Default Re: Grotty old Fazer rescued from compost heap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    It's the Fenland initiation ritual that is the scary part, they'll want to glue webbing between your fingers and toes.
    Its where they will find the extra finger that scares me...

  16. The following user liked this post made by chillitt:


Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission