TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: National Pothole Day 2016

Liked 1,666 in 1,116 posts

Default National Pothole Day 2016

http://highwaysmagazine.co.uk/third-...4c2b-303696201

The UK’s third National Pothole Day will take place on 16 January 2017 with the public invited to highlight repair issues near them.

Website Street Repairs, which allows members of the public to quickly report street-level faults via their smartphone in real time, is behind the initiative which is now in its third year.

This year the event is officially sponsored by Halfords Autocentres. As a result of this collaboration, any motorist can have their vehicle checked at any Autocentre free of charge after hitting a pothole.

A spokesperson for Halfords Autocentres said: “Halfords Autocentres are pleased to be the official sponsors of National Pothole Day 2017 in partnership with Street Repairs. We care about the safety of the UK motorist, that’s why we decided to sponsor #NationalPotholeDay. It made sense that we offered a free steering, tyre and suspension check carried out by our fully trained technicians after hitting a pothole.”

Mark Morrell, spokesperson for Street Repairs, added: “Working with one of the UK’s most recognised motoring brands to ensure the safety of road users is yet another exciting step towards correcting road safety issues and encouraging more people to get involved with the issue of road maintenance and vehicle damage. With more road fault reports being submitted and greater visibility of the progress of repairs, road users, councils and Highways England can work together to keep roads safe and free from potholes and other road defects.”

Street Repairs offers a free way for councils to engage with their constituents and action any defects which are reported in real time.

It was set up as a user friendly, geographically driven centralised forum for the public to report defects. Every report entered serves to highlight issues to local authorities that let their highways fall into disrepair.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 1,611 in 968 posts

Default Re: National Pothole Day 2016

Nothing to do with Sperlunking then

4. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:

Liked 1,420 in 721 posts
    Blog Entries

Hope they have strong servers as it'll bring the lot down.

6. The following user liked this post made by MrTack:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,470 in 1,029 posts

Last time I reported something dangerous (about 2 months ago) I got told they didn't have any budget to fix that.

Liked 1,928 in 1,165 posts

Last time I reported a pothole (which was just outside our house) it was fixed within 10 days.

Council have a web page to report them and IME it works well

I was going to report one in our road - bastid council fixed it before I had a chance!

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,312 in 1,375 posts
    Blog Entries

How much did Halfords bung you to advertise for them?

A Bit Bored
    Liked 3 in 3 posts

Shit, I'm a week too late it seems. Guess I'll have to wait another year till they start fixing these roads.

12. The following user liked this post made by Adam44:

Liked 725 in 371 posts

Reported an entire road this weekend. They said I had to talk to the Highways Agency, who told me I didn't. But as well know form my first week in Kent, the local councillor states that "Kent does not have any pot holes."

Should Get Out More
    Liked 540 in 324 posts

Quote Originally Posted by fingerpuk View Post
    Reported an entire road this weekend. They said I had to talk to the Highways Agency, who told me I didn't. But as well know form my first week in Kent, the local councillor states that "Kent does not have any pot holes."
    Really? Suggest that your councillor looks at the county council website:

https://kccmediahub.net/kcc-declares-war-potholes745

Dated May last year:

"Announcing the blitz at today’s County Council meeting, Leader of Kent County Council Paul Carter said it will start in mid-June and will be carried out on a district-by-district basis.

Since December, Kent County Council has filled over 11,000 potholes at a cost of more than £400,000.

In addition, more than 8,000m2 of patching has been carried out, which will include pothole repairs.

KCC still needs you – reporting potholes online is still the quickest and easiest way to alert crews to damage to the roads.

Once reported, it will be inspected by a local crew and if work is necessary, it will be programmed in to be fixed.

In the last year, 23,983 potholes were repaired at a cost of £1.3 million and 5,281m2 of patching was also carried out to repair potholes at a cost of £6.8 million."

Mind you... there's an 'intervention level' of 50mm (or 5cm, or 2") which could account for the fact that that streets are still littered with them.

Liked 725 in 371 posts

So if we dig em out a bit they get sorted?

16. The following user liked this post made by fingerpuk:

Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    How much did Halfords bung you to advertise for them?
    That's a bit rude, coming from someone sponsored by the Czech Republic

Go Back to Forum My Forum