TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Finding the reg plate

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Finding the reg plate

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Is it poss to find reg plate from a chassis number? I bought an old lambretta chopper from a man who had bought it in a job lot from another man who claimed it was a uk registered scooter from new but over the years the reg plate and logbook had been misplaced ... i beleived this to be true as if it was an unregistered import no - one would have made it to a chopper ... making it harder for it to get registered first .. so thats the story and now's my question .. is it possible to find the original reg number from the chassis number thanks in advance g

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,475 in 933 posts

Default Re: Finding the reg plate

The simple answer is "No".

Really Bored
    Liked 823 in 601 posts

Best thing is approach the owners club, they may have access to whoever has the records. If it was imported to the UK new, you will at least be able to get an age related non transferable plate. As B.B says, its highly unlikely, unless you are using such a well organised club as the LE Velocette club that you will ever be able to find the original plate.

Really Bored
    Liked 823 in 601 posts

I should add that Swansea should have the info, but won't give it you. Sometimes local authorities keep records, so if a club trawl finds which dealer it went to there is a very small chance that records still exist with the authority.
    Don't hold your breath.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission