TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Londons Mayor to introduce toxicity charge for certain cars!

Liked 382 in 234 posts

Default Re: Londons Mayor to introduce toxicity charge for certain cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Editor View Post
    The septics have been doing that for years-special lanes on the freeways for mutiples. However there was a massive spike in the sales of blow up sex dolls, who seem to be dressed into a shirt & tie...
    Right, I'm all sorted:

I'm the one on the left BTW.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
  3. The following user liked this post made by McNab:

Liked 1,371 in 769 posts

5. The following 2 users liked this useful post by NyseriA:

Liked 2,379 in 1,624 posts
    Blog Entries

The septics have been doing that for years-special lanes on the freeways for mutiples. However there was a massive spike in the sales of blow up sex dolls, who seem to be dressed into a shirt & tie...
    Blow up dolls and massive spikes is not a good mixture.

Liked 131 in 100 posts

I can tell you right now that it's those fucking red buses which set my asthma off. WTF do they seem to be exempt from even a visual emmissions inspection??

BTW isn't Euro4 an old standard now?
    When I was on the buses you could be pulled up for making too much smoke that was in 1990 in a fairly old fleet.
    VR,s and LN,s .

Liked 131 in 100 posts

Can't come soon enough ,my son has asthma probably from pollution (much better now but he still has odd wheezy days).

Liked 95 in 60 posts

The nice new Routemaster type buses that Boris purchased when major, Khan wants rid of-no idea why though. It seems tfl seem to be there simply to raise money. The congestion charge has done sweet fuck all to reduce congestion in London. Not helped by the cycle lane nonsense either. And i doubt introducing this charge will have any effect on pollution. My office is on the most polluted road in London-probably because cars, vans, taxis, lorries, buses and motorbikes have to queue at any time if the day.
    It's alright for tfl though-they will soon be moving to nice shine new offices in Queen Elizabeth Park in Stratford. Where did they get the cash for that?

10. The following user liked this post made by whysub:

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 2,757 in 1,793 posts

Meh, London.

12. The following 2 users liked this useful post by mrlongbeard:

Liked 1,341 in 693 posts
    Blog Entries

It's down to all those with wood stoves

Should Get Out More MyLittleStudPony's Avatar
    Liked 1,861 in 1,125 posts

Quote Originally Posted by asmethurst View Post
    Can't come soon enough ,my son has asthma probably from pollution (much better now but he still has odd wheezy days).

Agreed.

Air pollution poses a serious health risk.

Any attempt to reduce it is a good thing. That still applies if other areas haven't ben addressed yet.

Liked 95 in 60 posts

This is a perfect image of what pollution is like in that London.
    I park my bike in the basement area of my office which is on Lower Thames Street-allegedly the most polluted road in Britain. It shows my bike under a grey cover, with a folded white cover on top of it. It took just 12 weeks to go from white to grey (and my bike is parked away from the airvents). The cover stinks, and not only that, but it feels sticky to the touch. Not sure what this pollution does to those suffering from asthma, but I could guess.

2017-02-18 19.30.22.jpg

Eating the last biscuit with the Daily Mail reader.
    Liked 2,225 in 1,149 posts

Nobody panic! The trusty, ol' MG is exempt.

Liked 3,048 in 1,890 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Peronsally i'd stop single occupancy cars, or limit them to off peak hours. If you're ever driving around London have a look at how many vehicles have one person in. Madness. Whilst I agree with the filthy smog emitting buses being aproblem, at least they are transporting multiple persons.
    Bradford and Leeds have lots of multi occupancy lanes

Oh, and the air here is as clean as anywhere in the world

Liked 711 in 507 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch99 View Post
    Discouraging who? The only people it discourages is those that can't afford it, more cleansing of London, of the poor.
    Yep, agree in part.

If they (the government or who ever) actually wants to do something about pollution, they'd just say 'sorry, but you can't bring cars in here' - rather than 'you can bring cars in here as you always have done, but you have to pay us for it'.

Congestion charges, pollution charges do nothing for pollution or congestion, as you can still drive in, but the only difference being is some department is coining it in from it.

Liked 684 in 431 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    Yep, agree in part.

If they (the government or who ever) actually wants to do something about pollution, they'd just say 'sorry, but you can't bring cars in here' - rather than 'you can bring cars in here as you always have done, but you have to pay us for it'.

Congestion charges, pollution charges do nothing for pollution or congestion, as you can still drive in, but the only difference being is some department is coining it in from it.
    Meanwhile, those with enough money to afford a newer cleaner car avoid the charge, and the rich/poor gap grows again.

If they know the problem is diesel engines, then seems to me that's the problem to address rather than charging more on just any older car.

Air quality in Gibraltar is poor. Largely due to frequent traffic jams, also living next to a runway, and across the bay from an oil refinery. It's only lucky it's often very windy here.

Liked 1,181 in 728 posts
    Blog Entries

WTF - so hang on, there's THREE charges (or will be) potentially: The LEZ, which is the one that's been around for years and affects HGVs and old vans and goes quite far out, relatively. Then there's the ULEZ coming in 2020 that includes older bikes made before 2007 and is the same area as the Congestion Charge, and now in October we're also getting the "T-Charge", not affecting bikes but everything else.

What's bothering me here is that the ULEZ and the T-Charge seem to be doing the same thing in the same area, just with different standards applied so it comes up twice.

Oh but hang on, on the T-Charge page at the bottom it says "It is the first step towards the introduction of the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ), when tighter vehicle emissions standards will be required."

But the ULEZ affects bikes, so the T-Charge must be different.

This is all very fucking clear, isn't it? This is what boils my piss about this stuff. Parking laws done by borough so you can fall foul in one street but not in another. Congestion charge, multiple emission laws that you have to figure out. It's not clear and it's not simple, so even with the best intention in the world you still get it wrong and it's your responsibility, your fault.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum