TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Brands Hatch, 23rd March, MSV Novice Day

Not Much To Do
    Liked 290 in 136 posts

Default Brands Hatch, 23rd March, MSV Novice Day

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Planning on going to this. Not been on a track for, er, 11 years (with a 10 year bike break..) - last time being Brands GP! Got a newly acquired SV650 to romp around in. Anyone else planning on going?

2. The following user liked this post made by wotsits:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Re: Brands Hatch, 23rd March, MSV Novice Day

Quote Originally Posted by wotsits View Post
    Planning on going to this. Not been on a track for, er, 11 years (with a 10 year bike break..) - last time being Brands GP! Got a newly acquired SV650 to romp around in. Anyone else planning on going?

Hi Wotsits,

I came across your post while looking for Reviews on MSV track days. (also got my to finally to sign up to the Rev Counter) Anyway i am waiting back to hear if they still have space left as i plan to do the same track day.
    Would you be riding to the track of taking your bike in a van? My old man has a van i can borrow and as stupid as it sounds i dont fancy turning up looking like i have all the gear haha.

Cheers

Gavin

Liked 6,068 in 3,807 posts
    Blog Entries

I used to instruct for MSV and they run excellent trackdays. Only bad point for punters is that you need to pay about 30 for each instruction session.

5. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:

Should Get Out More TheEnglishman's Avatar
    Liked 708 in 443 posts
    Blog Entries

Everyone looks like they have all the gear and no idea. Mainly because they won't let you out unless you do.

They're well organised days and I'm tempted if I can get the day off. Two SV650's against the rest!

The road bike only days are good too, as people tend not to ride like dicks as they have to ride home on it. Or at least as far as the gate.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

I need to see if they still have space for March, so tempted. I am not sure i want to ride back home on the M25 after a long day on the track haha.

Yorick, the instructor charges, are they for the classroom sessions or actual track sessions?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gavind10 View Post
    I need to see if they still have space for March, so tempted. I am not sure i want to ride back home on the M25 after a long day on the track haha.

Yorick, the instructor charges, are they for the classroom sessions or actual track sessions?
    For a 20 minute track session. You WILL learn a lot

Should Get Out More TheEnglishman's Avatar
    Liked 708 in 443 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    For a 20 minute track session. You WILL learn a lot
    I'm not convinced. I didn't get any more from my session than I did by reading up a bit and asking a few people in the paddock.

Perhaps I just got lucky as I spent a fair bit of time following Shane Byrne showing Keanu Reeves the ropes?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnglishman View Post
    I'm not convinced. I didn't get any more from my session than I did by reading up a bit and asking a few people in the paddock.

Perhaps I just got lucky as I spent a fair bit of time following Shane Byrne showing Keanu Reeves the ropes?
    In my 15 years instructing I probably took out over 500 pupils. 95% had a big grin and said they'd learned a lot.

Not Much To Do
    Liked 290 in 136 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gavind10 View Post
    Hi Wotsits,

I came across your post while looking for Reviews on MSV track days. (also got my to finally to sign up to the Rev Counter) Anyway i am waiting back to hear if they still have space left as i plan to do the same track day.
    Would you be riding to the track of taking your bike in a van? My old man has a van i can borrow and as stupid as it sounds i dont fancy turning up looking like i have all the gear haha.

Cheers

Gavin
    Sadly, I've had to pull out. I need to be at work that day

:eta: There's some Brands dates early April I'll move onto instead

And I'd be riding; done it before and it's not that bad a journey if the M25 plays ball.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission