TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you care if Scotland stays in the U.K.? How do you feel about la Sturgeon?

Liked 23 in 11 posts

Default Re: Do you care if Scotland stays in the U.K.? How do you feel about la Sturgeon?

Quote Originally Posted by Gedge View Post
    so according to you its not a fact that the countries listed, whilst being net receivers of EU funding are still mired in debt?? Yeah and of course Scotland doesnt receive more than it contributes....
    Last time I checked Scotland was part of the UK so what's your point? Lol.

The Tories never bothered to get anyone to show England EU spend & return. As far as Ive Seen anyway so I have no idea what it currently Is but I do know your only going to be getting less with whatever the EU want to give a country that turns away in a sulk. UK will now be an outside customer with non membership rights.
    The interesting options at the end of the Business Scotland video are what you have voted for. Not very well informed what the choices would be leaving the EU was it. Poor UK.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 1,767 in 1,263 posts

Default Re: Do you care if Scotland stays in the U.K.? How do you feel about la Sturgeon?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Pete View Post
    Not an economic case by any means. But you will stick to your opinion that you are right regardless.

It was made perfectly clear before the vote that no economic case had been put forward before the EU referendum. It was madness that the vote went ahead with the voting public so ill informed.
    Typical British moaning about Johnny foreigner and crazy policies for higher standards of living and fear of immigration because a government cant be arsed to control a border better to blames Brussels instead.
    Thats what got us here today.
    No economic case my arse. Just for starters have a read of this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Euro-its-Th.../dp/0241258154

The Euro: And its Threat to the Future of Europe.

Joseph E. Stiglitz was Chairman of the President's Council of Economic Advisers 1995-7 and Chief Economist at the World Bank 1997-2000. He is currently University Professor at Columbia University, teaching in the Department of Economics, the School of International and Public Affairs, and the Graduate School of Business. He is also the Chief Economist of the Roosevelt Institute and a Corresponding Fellow of the Royal Society and the British Academy. He won the Nobel Prize for Economics in 2001

But what the fuck does he know eh?

4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by irie:

Liked 559 in 308 posts

Last time I checked Scotland was part of the UK so what's your point? Lol.

The Tories never bothered to get anyone to show England EU spend & return. As far as Ive Seen anyway so I have no idea what it currently Is but I do know your only going to be getting less with whatever the EU want to give a country that turns away in a sulk. UK will now be an outside customer with non membership rights.
    The interesting options at the end of the Business Scotland video are what you have voted for. Not very well informed what the choices would be leaving the EU was it. Poor UK.
    The figures ( whichever set you choose to believe) ALL show that the UK is a contributor not a taker....if you haven't seen any charts you really are too ill informed to comment any further...the same for Scotland with its share of the UK money ...if you think Scotkand can stand on its own feet then you are in for a shock....

Should Get Out More Kneerly Down's Avatar
    Liked 652 in 404 posts

For those of you who weren't stupid what was the economic case?
    Economic case...
    UK puts in around 18bn per year.
    UK receives around 8bn per year.
    ergo UK puts in around 10bn per year more than it gets back.

All other economic figures were guesses. The only concrete thing we knew was about 10bn p.a. more was paid than received.

Liked 2,834 in 1,893 posts

The figures ( whichever set you choose to believe) ALL show that the UK is a contributor not a taker....if you haven't seen any charts you really are too ill informed to comment any further...the same for Scotland with its share of the UK money ...if you think Scotkand can stand on its own feet then you are in for a shock....
    The UK is currently committed to giving 0.7% of GDP in foreign aid to third world countries. If Scotland does vote for independence they'll probably qualify for a share.

Should Get Out More Thermostat9's Avatar
    Liked 1,378 in 871 posts

yes and I believe part of the problem is how much we pay into the EU....
    You think it is 350 million a week don't you?

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,390 in 968 posts

Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    The UK is currently committed to giving 0.7% of GDP in foreign aid to third world countries. If Scotland does vote for independence they'll probably qualify for a share.
    I sugest we should give them about 1% of that. After all they are probably less tha 1% of the rest of the world. And probably not the most deserving !% either.

Liked 652 in 404 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat9 View Post
    Probably much, much more, if the unfunded liabilities that, apparently, form most of the divorce bill, are to be considered.

Liked 652 in 404 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    I sugest we should give them about 1% of that. After all they are probably less tha 1% of the rest of the world. And probably not the most deserving !% either.
    Not even 0.1%

Liked 2,834 in 1,893 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    I wasn't suggesting they SHOULD get a share, just that as a third world country they would qualify.

Liked 1,767 in 1,263 posts

I guess an independent Scotland would use its pre Act of Union currency again?

The Pound Scots was the nation's own currency before the Act of Union in 1707. There were 12 Pound Scots to a Pound Sterling.
    Sounds about right.

Liked 2,758 in 1,487 posts

I just wonder where all this 'fuck off we're better without you' stuff stops.
    If you take it to it's logical conclusion there'll be just London left as everyone else is a drain on resources and can't pay their way.

Liked 1,557 in 1,057 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reburner View Post
    If you take it to it's logical conclusion there'll be just London left as everyone else is a drain on resources and can't pay their way.
    That's a fair point.

Although ... might it not be a fairly natural reaction to the anti- English, anti- British rhetoric issuing from some Scottish people ... notably the SNP?

Liked 2,307 in 1,574 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reburner View Post
    I'm better off without all you bastards!

Liked 559 in 308 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat9 View Post
    See Bananamans post unless you can provide any figures that show otherwise....

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum