TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Cold cut chop saw

Should Get Out Soon Screwdriver's Avatar
    Liked 4,730 in 2,203 posts

Default Cold cut chop saw

Oldie but goodie. It has a new motor (2ph, 240v), new belts, brand new blade and the gearbox refilled.

The vice and bed etc are all original and work well. It travels forwards/backwards. Separate allen bolts allow rotation. Jaws look good blah blah.

The bad bits: new belts are a teensy bit too long so I can't tighten them up fully. The machine will stall before the belts slip though so in practice, the only "problem" is they're loose (it bugs me). The plastic knob on the vice handle is cracked and falls off sometimes.

I can't keep it because I have to reorganise the workshop to fit a Bridegport. I'll be using a regular band saw and tidying up cut material.

The main thing with this saw is it is slow but it is slow and accurate. Very accurate.

Looking for 175 cash on collection from West London. It weighs a ton! Postage would be stupidly expensive, please don't ask unless you're happy to bung another fifty quid at a crate or pallet and half a day of my time to organise. That worktop in the pic is 600x600 iirc, it's not a tiny thing and will require some disassembly.

Happy to hang onto it for as long as you like but I require immediate payment thanks.

Screwd.

PS. I'm not really expecting to sell it here but I thought I'd copy/paste from a forum where it certainly will.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Should Get Out Soon Screwdriver's Avatar
    Liked 4,730 in 2,203 posts

Default Re: Cold cut chop saw

Sold.

4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Screwdriver:

Go Back to Forum My Forum