TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Back to Biking

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Back to Biking

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum and all being well hope to be an active member once things are up and going for me. I am back to biking after being away for about 10 years. I have recently done a bike to biking / enhanced riding course with the fabulous Shires Motorcycle Training in Leicester.

I am now looking to buy a bike on PCP. I had it mind that the bike for me was going to be the MT09 Tracer. God reviews, nice price etc. I had a test ride though and was a little disappointed. It might be that I am coming back from a while off, but the throttle was jerky which gave me very little confidence. Riding at 30 or 40 just meant that every bump seemed to find you hunting for a steady speed. There was more wind at speed than I had expected too.

So now, I am kind of at a loss. I am a big chap at 18st and 6ft2, and plan to commute on the bike but enjoy it at weekends to, all being well. I have been thinking about a Honda Crossrunner, as I used to have a VFR. Also a 1200GS but they are a lot more money. Is there any bikes that I should be thinking off that I perhaps haven't thought of?

Thanks, and sorry for along forest post.

Bayf

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 3,252 in 2,029 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Back to Biking

Welcome

Liked 1,731 in 1,157 posts

Hello!

Sounds like you may have (understandably) been tense - possibly tense shoulders / locked arms / death grip on the bars - causing the throttle response. Grip the tank with your knees.

Liked 1,731 in 1,157 posts

Liked 5,137 in 2,760 posts

Welcome to TRC!

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,546 in 1,082 posts

Welcome back to biking, and to TRC.

Liked 711 in 358 posts
    Blog Entries

panigale

9. The following user liked this post made by vimtozz:

Liked 382 in 263 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bayf View Post
    Hi Guys, I am new to the forum and all being well hope to be an active member once things are up and going for me. I am back to biking after being away for about 10 years. I have recently done a bike to biking / enhanced riding course with the fabulous Shires Motorcycle Training in Leicester.

I am now looking to buy a bike on PCP. I had it mind that the bike for me was going to be the MT09 Tracer. God reviews, nice price etc. I had a test ride though and was a little disappointed. It might be that I am coming back from a while off, but the throttle was jerky which gave me very little confidence. Riding at 30 or 40 just meant that every bump seemed to find you hunting for a steady speed. There was more wind at speed than I had expected too.

So now, I am kind of at a loss. I am a big chap at 18st and 6ft2, and plan to commute on the bike but enjoy it at weekends to, all being well. I have been thinking about a Honda Crossrunner, as I used to have a VFR. Also a 1200GS but they are a lot more money. Is there any bikes that I should be thinking off that I perhaps haven't thought of?

Thanks, and sorry for along forest post.

Bayf
    1. Solution: Fazer 1000 Gen2
    2. A big welcome to the forum to you

Liked 28 in 18 posts

welcome aboard

Liked 133 in 92 posts

Welcome and good on you for getting some refresher training rather than jumping straight back on. Hope you find the right bike and enjoy it. I have to say the Fazer 1000 is a good shout and worth a look/test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Welcome to the site, I hope you find what you're looking for. Good luck! :-)

Go Back to Forum My Forum