TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MotoGP Argentina

A Bit Bored
    Liked 140 in 51 posts

Default Re: MotoGP Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by McNab View Post
    Lostboy, this has probably been asked before, but what is it you do around the paddock? You have some interesting insights.
    He's not going to say but,what he won't tell you is he's a Masseur for one of the Factory Teams.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
  3. The following user liked this post made by Nobbynumbnut:

Liked 849 in 553 posts

Quote Originally Posted by McNab View Post
    Lostboy, this has probably been asked before, but what is it you do around the paddock? You have some interesting insights.
    I work on the Technical team at Losail every year. But I'm also a nosey fucker who listens well and isn't scared to ask a few questions.

5. The following user liked this post made by Lostboy:

Liked 418 in 255 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lostboy View Post
    I work on the Technical team at Losail every year. But I'm also a nosey fucker who listens well and isn't scared to ask a few questions.
    Cheers for that.

So you don't travel the world with them then?

Liked 849 in 553 posts

No.

But I know a few people that do!

8. The following user liked this post made by Lostboy:

Liked 418 in 255 posts

No.

But I know a few people that do!
    Thanks for that. I was wondering where your insight came from. Keep up the good work

Liked 6,455 in 3,762 posts

It's a new bike to them, they have no data or settings for it. People forget that although the engine & gearbox is standard the rest is pretty much prototype. They're doing as much work on the chassis and braking of these bikes as the Moto3 or MotoGP boys. That's why a team like MarcVDS performs so consistently well - ok, they've got two fantastic riders in Morbidelli and Marquez Jnr but they've also got the data from season after season of running at the sharp end of Moto2 (Scott Redding popped up to the MarcVDS garage on the wet Saturday and it was obvious the esteem in which he was held by the team and also the Kalex chassis guy that is working with them). Kiefer didn't have that kind of longevity or relationship with their supply chain so they've started again. They'll make big steps in the short term as Danny and Dominic get "base" settings sorted and then they'll move further up the pack as they then find the "marginal gains" stuff. Danny was quick in Qatar but they had other issues.
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/244...er-racing.html

MAybe not then

Former world champion Danny Kent has announced a shock split from the Kiefer Racing Moto2 team.

Liked 849 in 553 posts

Yeah, just posted on the COTA thread that I'm surprised by it. He was on such a high in Qatar with the changes and his own performance, I'd be very interested to know what's happened in between times to create this situation.

Liked 21 in 20 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    If Leopard don't sort the bike and he hangs around, he's history.
    He legged it.

Pretty brave to throw in the towel but in 3 seasons he's just not produced the goods in Moto2. Nice guy, shame. Is it him or is it the bikes ?

He seems a bit "delicate", when everything is right he's up the front but any problems and he cracks up. Well that's how I see it.

Liked 6,455 in 3,762 posts

Quote Originally Posted by hilldweller View Post
    He legged it.

Pretty brave to throw in the towel but in 3 seasons he's just not produced the goods in Moto2. Nice guy, shame. Is it him or is it the bikes ?

He seems a bit "delicate", when everything is right he's up the front but any problems and he cracks up. Well that's how I see it.
    I've heard stories, but they're no more than that. Regarding him being an arrogant all knowing primadonna.

Liked 822 in 544 posts

Thing is its a pretty cut throat world in bike racing and generally the best riders get to where they should. Not saying some riders don't fall through the cracks and no doubt Danny got us our 1st gp title in way too long but he is running out of chances fast

Liked 811 in 699 posts

16. The following user liked this post made by joe19:

Liked 1,071 in 593 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    I think like Rossi the only point it proves is that if your names not Stoner you ain't got a chance of winning a championship on the red bike.
    The Ducati has changed a lot since then. Stoner was so outstanding because he wrings the neck of anything you sit him on, he's the best natural rider I can recall ever seeing. I knew Rossi would fail on the Duc because he is so reliant on the front, braking late and turning in, and at the time the Ducati had no feel at the front. Hence Rossi was always on the edge of either allowing a margin and going slower or else pushing past the edge and binning it. For the same reason I think Lorenzo is going to struggle. He's simply awesome when he and the bike are on form but if its not just-so he can't get his head round it. He's a ballsy rider who doesn't deserve scorn from armchair racers, remember him standing on the podium with two broken ankles? This year however Ducati have been deprived of the winglets that kept the front planted and that's not going to help their development activities. Still, Lorenzo and Dovi are on a similar pace so it's a fair bet that neither is 'broken' and if the bike development can be done they have every chance of being at the pointy end.

18. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Tomcat:

Liked 822 in 544 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    He's a ballsy rider who doesn't deserve scorn from armchair racers
    I'd agree with that, hope your not taking my post as knocking him personally. He is a bit of an odd character but TBH I don't care about that, on a bike he is pretty damn amazing. I just don't think he'll be winning a championship on the red bike in the next 2 seasons though, and very probably never. The Ducati has been a bugger to ride for ever inspite of it being changed radically in the last few seasons. Both Rossi and Lorenzo went to Ducati to win on different bikes and also to tame the beast to an extent, but both need good bike set ups to ride how they want and Ducati still seem to be struggling with that. Stoner as you say could probably ride something with square wheels to the sharp end its a massive shame he quit. I think people write Dovi off too much, he does really well on a difficult bike and rarely crashes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum