TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MotoGP Argentina

A Bit Bored
    Liked 91 in 34 posts

Default Re: MotoGP Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by McNab View Post
    Lostboy, this has probably been asked before, but what is it you do around the paddock? You have some interesting insights.
    He's not going to say but,what he won't tell you is he's a Masseur for one of the Factory Teams.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
  3. The following user liked this post made by Nobbynumbnut:

Liked 817 in 531 posts

Quote Originally Posted by McNab View Post
    Lostboy, this has probably been asked before, but what is it you do around the paddock? You have some interesting insights.
    I work on the Technical team at Losail every year. But I'm also a nosey fucker who listens well and isn't scared to ask a few questions.

5. The following user liked this post made by Lostboy:

Liked 382 in 234 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lostboy View Post
    I work on the Technical team at Losail every year. But I'm also a nosey fucker who listens well and isn't scared to ask a few questions.
    Cheers for that.

So you don't travel the world with them then?

Liked 817 in 531 posts

No.

But I know a few people that do!

8. The following user liked this post made by Lostboy:

Liked 382 in 234 posts

No.

But I know a few people that do!
    Thanks for that. I was wondering where your insight came from. Keep up the good work

Liked 5,796 in 3,377 posts

It's a new bike to them, they have no data or settings for it. People forget that although the engine & gearbox is standard the rest is pretty much prototype. They're doing as much work on the chassis and braking of these bikes as the Moto3 or MotoGP boys. That's why a team like MarcVDS performs so consistently well - ok, they've got two fantastic riders in Morbidelli and Marquez Jnr but they've also got the data from season after season of running at the sharp end of Moto2 (Scott Redding popped up to the MarcVDS garage on the wet Saturday and it was obvious the esteem in which he was held by the team and also the Kalex chassis guy that is working with them). Kiefer didn't have that kind of longevity or relationship with their supply chain so they've started again. They'll make big steps in the short term as Danny and Dominic get "base" settings sorted and then they'll move further up the pack as they then find the "marginal gains" stuff. Danny was quick in Qatar but they had other issues.
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/244...er-racing.html

MAybe not then

Former world champion Danny Kent has announced a shock split from the Kiefer Racing Moto2 team.

Liked 817 in 531 posts

Yeah, just posted on the COTA thread that I'm surprised by it. He was on such a high in Qatar with the changes and his own performance, I'd be very interested to know what's happened in between times to create this situation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum