TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Husqvarna 610 fettling

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 1,930 in 1,153 posts

Default Re: Husqvarna 610 fettling

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn2 View Post
    Thought the left hand kick engines would fit as they use the same frame?

Since going a tooth down on the front sprocket it has really livened the bike up.

I also got a domino quick throttle with the used cable I bought which will further liven it up.
    The frame isn't the same

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    Banned
    Liked 36 in 27 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    The frame isn't the same
    I was referring to the TE610 which is a left hand kickstart/camchain engine up to 2000 I think? They made it so complicated it's hard to keep track.

Speaking of complicated, that throttle cable and twist grip assembly I ordered had the wrong throttle cable even though it was from a 2000 610 with the dellorto carburettor. Confusingly, the part numbers are different but the illustration pictures are the same on Husqvarna outlet.

I still benefitted from the Domino short throw throttle assembly but it means I will have to wait until the middle of next week for the right cable to arrive. Still not sure why the "old" cable only lasted a year before wearing out?

That's one problem with bikes, there no where on the high street that you can get basic items like cables. Anyway a new one is 20 so who's complaining

Liked 816 in 529 posts

15 years ago i bought my first cb-1. It lived outside for 6 years in Portsmouth (seaside) and wilhelmshaven (seaside) and caused me very little trouble right til it got nicked. I like them so much I bought another one 5 years ago and bought it back off my dad a year ago after leaving it behind when i emigrated. They were only made from 1989-90 but there are a good few still going despite most having been learner first "big" bikes or winter commuters since they started landing in the uk around 1999.

That was the perfect first big bike. Not something which has as many issues as yours.

Does everyone look back on their first big bike fondly? I'm not sure flynn will.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,085 in 704 posts

Quote Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
    Does everyone look back on their first big bike fondly?
    I'll let you know when I get one.

Banned
    Liked 36 in 27 posts
    Blog Entries

15 years ago i bought my first cb-1. It lived outside for 6 years in Portsmouth (seaside) and wilhelmshaven (seaside) and caused me very little trouble right til it got nicked. I like them so much I bought another one 5 years ago and bought it back off my dad a year ago after leaving it behind when i emigrated. They were only made from 1989-90 but there are a good few still going despite most having been learner first "big" bikes or winter commuters since they started landing in the uk around 1999.

That was the perfect first big bike. Not something which has as many issues as yours.

Does everyone look back on their first big bike fondly? I'm not sure flynn will.
    That's a bit dramatic for a snapped throttle cable isn't it!?

Also, your cb1 didn't spend it's weekends doing this

Liked 816 in 529 posts

That's a bit dramatic for a snapped throttle cable isn't it!?

Also, your cb1 didn't spend it's weekends doing this

It's not just the throttle cable though is it?

You're right though, biggest thing mine jumped off was a curb.

Banned
    Liked 36 in 27 posts
    Blog Entries

It's not just the throttle cable though is it?

You're right though, biggest thing mine jumped off was a curb.
    Admittedly, there have been several things that have broken, circumstances play a big part. On the 610 the major components are sound, but the small things gradually fail around the main components.

Going off road drastically accelerates this process.

What has kept the bike out of action for long periods at a time (sometimes up to a month) is because I can't get any parts for it locally, they all have to come from eBay. And sometimes I've had to wait for things to appear on eBay to begin with.

There also seems to be a huge variation in parts, that throttle cable that came with the domino short throw throttle doesn't fit into the slide of the dellorto carb on my bike even though it came from a bike with a dellorto carb on it!

The only major thing I have to do on this is replace the clutch basket spring washers now!

Edit: It also seems to get through starter relays at an alarming rate.

Liked 816 in 529 posts

A bike which always needs parts and where parts are very hard to find. Sounds pants. Hope you've figured out by now which parts can be substituted. A starter relay is a starter relay once you get down to it, for example.

You could slum it with a drz400sm. It may have a mere 39hp but, and this is important, even with its extra 10hp and lighter weight too, your husky will always be slower if the bike is off the road.

Banned
    Liked 36 in 27 posts
    Blog Entries

A bike which always needs parts and where parts are very hard to find. Sounds pants. Hope you've figured out by now which parts can be substituted. A starter relay is a starter relay once you get down to it, for example.

You could slum it with a drz400sm. It may have a mere 39hp but, and this is important, even with its extra 10hp and lighter weight too, your husky will always be slower if the bike is off the road.
    You say that...but here's Spicy110 with a "reliable" DRZ400 that he paid about 3k for

I would much rather replace cables a few times per year than having the engine go. Even if the engine blew at this point I've had loads of use out of my Husky. The Husky has already paid for itself several times over just from riding it to work and back since March.

Not to mention the great time I had last year as well.

So far it has fulfilled road, off road and stunt practice. It doesn't get as easy a life as a road bike.
    Last edited by Flynn2; 21-05-17 at 12:50.

Should Get Out Soon Screwdriver's Avatar
    Liked 4,957 in 2,320 posts

A DRZ "blowing up" is rare. A Husky blowing up is actually pretty commonplace.

I would say I bet the odds are 20:1 but since I have never known a DRZ go bang and my day job was fixing dead Huskys, I'll let it slide.

One video doesn't change the facts one iota. Sure, search for blown DRZ and you'll probably find a ton of them. Probably the same number of hits as "pixies at the bottom of the garden".

Search for blown up Husqvarna and the Google servers will crash under the load.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 1,930 in 1,153 posts

I owned a DRZ for 9 years, used it for trail riding mostly, the only maintenance it got was oil changes and looking after the chain, I rarely even washed it, it never went wrong, super bike, bit heavy (but lighter than the Husky) but if you want a bike to just ride off road and not fix they're top of the list, the engine is built to last.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 3,362 in 2,156 posts

You say that...but here's Spicy110 with a "reliable" DRZ400 that he paid about 3k for

It stripped the spark plug threads, not a biggy, especially when questionable maintenance of the cooling system and maybe pissing about with the jets and running lean were probably the cause.

Liked 128 in 74 posts

And Spicy's DRZ had a big bore kit fitted, plus he was using it on motorways every day doing long journeys. He blamed the previous owner as I recall for not doing the big bore kit properly.

Banned
    Liked 36 in 27 posts
    Blog Entries

Throttle cable arrived, back on the road!

I just need to get it through the MOT retest then you lot will enjoy many slices of humble pie

Liked 816 in 529 posts

Throttle cable arrived, back on the road!

I just need to get it through the MOT retest then you lot will enjoy many slices of humble pie
    Have you had the swinger welded, replaced the headlight, fitted rear indicators and all the other bits then?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum