TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Tell me why I should not vote Conservative on June 8th ...

Liked 1,172 in 697 posts

Default Re: Tell me why I should not vote Conservative on June 8th ...

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    How many other scandals have/are happening that the media have not been allowed to report on?
    It's enough to make a man paranoid

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Should Get Out More Thermostat9's Avatar
    Liked 1,467 in 926 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat9 View Post
    I posted this the other day but it seemed to be ignored...... The U.K. Snap Election Is Riskier Than It Seems
    Somewhat related.....

Polling’s dirty little secret: why polls have been wrong before and will be again

Liked 5,274 in 3,144 posts
    Blog Entries

Tim Nice but Dim in typical LibDem flip fop - "I now do not think gay sex is a sin".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39703444

Liked 1,583 in 1,075 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by go_slow View Post
    Tim Nice but Dim in typical LibDem flip fop - "I now do not think gay sex is a sin".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39703444

I absolute fairness, I don't think this should be described as a "flip flop"?

It's not like he used to say, "it's an evil sin", and now he's saying "it's wonderful" ...?

Although I am quite pleased he's eventually been forced to say this. I do wish it hadn't taken so much time and questioning.

It is true that his faith is his own.

But very clearly, equal rights - on any basis whatsoever ... gender, race ... nationality ... sexuality ... is a core political issue.

In future years, I hope we'll be able to ask people how they feel about private education, or height, body shape, or people who aren't very good at mixing a gin and tonic.

Liked 5,274 in 3,144 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BananaMan View Post
    I absolute fairness, I don't think this should be described as a "flip flop"?

It's not like he used to say, "it's an evil sin", and now he's saying "it's wonderful" ...?

Although I am quite pleased he's eventually been forced to say this. I do wish it hadn't taken so much time and questioning.

It is true that his faith is his own.

But very clearly, equal rights - on any basis whatsoever ... gender, race ... nationality ... sexuality ... is a core political issue.

In future years, I hope we'll be able to ask people how they feel about private education, or height, body shape, or people who aren't very good at mixing a gin and tonic.

But private education, or height, body shape, or people who aren't very good at mixing a gin and tonic isn't a basic human right. A person is entitled to live life and be with a partner of their choosing. And the spicey little shit Farron can't accept that. I fucking hate that level of hypocrisy, He has obviously said what he said cause of pressure to say it. He could have said this on Preston on Sunday but again swerved the question. You're right, he's been forced to say it so you can't give that any credence.

So no, I don't accept his statement, I believe he is a lying little duplicitous sod.

Liked 1,583 in 1,075 posts
    Blog Entries

But private education, or height, body shape, or people who aren't very good at mixing a gin and tonic isn't a basic human right.
    Hold on, dude. Are you saying you don't believe in basic equality under the law - i.e. equal opportunities and equal treatment at work, for access to government services, justice and so on - for people who are 5'7", and people who are your own height?

Liked 1,838 in 1,314 posts

So no, I don't accept his statement, I believe he is a lying little duplicitous sod*.

* for "sod" substitute "shit"

Should Get Out More Kneerly Down's Avatar
    Liked 685 in 427 posts

I've often had people say to me, online and in person, that Christians concentrate too much on sexual sin, such as in homosexual relationships, and in non-marital (as in not one man and one woman married to each other, for the avoidance of doubt) relationships but the barracking that Tim Farron has received over not wishing to answer this question has been quite astonishing, especially given that there is, to my knowledge, no particular legislation proposed or envisaged that is likely to change the legal position.

Obviously, I believe his response comes across as a sell-out, but then he is a Liberal Democrat.

Liked 2,381 in 1,626 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kneerly Down View Post
    Christians concentrate too much on sexual sin.
    Not at all: randy Churchgoers have lots of fun and the guilt is half the fun.

Keep it up.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Go Back to Forum My Forum