TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are Brixton motorcycles built, trying to avoid the chinese 125cc

A Bit Bored
    Liked 20 in 12 posts

Default Re: Where are Brixton motorcycles built, trying to avoid the chinese 125cc

British promoter + Chinese manufacture = A really bad combo for the consumer

Just look at Motad. Successful promotion, heavy on the marketing, crap products.
    British promotion is masterful, which means the truth about the quality of the item is suppressed. You won't hear a bad word said anywhere about Renthal, Motad, Delkevic, Triumph. And these guys really love their massive profit margins, so how tight is QC really going to be on their Chinese crap?

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 1,721 in 1,031 posts

Default Re: Where are Brixton motorcycles built, trying to avoid the chinese 125cc

Quote Originally Posted by Crims View Post
    British promoter + Chinese manufacture = A really bad combo for the consumer

Just look at Motad. Successful promotion, heavy on the marketing, crap products.
    British promotion is masterful, which means the truth about the quality of the item is suppressed. You won't hear a bad word said anywhere about Renthal, Motad, Delkevic, Triumph. And these guys really love their massive profit margins, so how tight is QC really going to be on their Chinese crap?
    Are you saying MOTAD exhausts were made in China, and why do you think they are crap?
    Next Renthal, do you think they're crap?
    Next Delkevic, same again.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

A Bit Bored
    Liked 20 in 12 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Are you saying MOTAD exhausts were made in China, and why do you think they are crap?
    At least some of them were made in China.
    They were all crap because Motad had no QC in place to speak of, and hardly any R&D. They scarcely bench flow tested their designs. Massive rusting issues in their exhausts as a result of not using the right grade of stainless and/or not making the entire exhaust stainless. Extremely poor welds in their silencers (most likely the ones they ordered from China). They covered these issues up with their marketing drive, which included employing reps to protect their reputation on forums like this one, rather than addressing the faults. So they deservedly went bust.

Next Renthal, do you think they're crap?
    Yes. The company sells plain alloy bars as if they were some panacea to riding comfort and control. They pretend as if there's great expertise, boffin-level science and mathematics involved, when all they do is sell a cast alloy bar for 20. The key word is 'sell'. Again, they're really heavy on marketing, brand image, etc. and incredibly light on tech. Standard bars are likely much more highly engineered, not least because the resonances have been calculated for the accompanying standard bar end weights. Renthal doesn't have to face that kind of R&D.

Next Delkevic, same again.
    Delkevic is rolling in it, because all they do is make a model in their CAD programs, mock up a prototype to check if it works, then send their order to China for a 30 very shiny and very thin exhaust they stick their badge on and flog for 250. They want us to believe they've done their tests and applied their Napier-Stokes calculations, and have optimised their prototype to bring you more hp. In reality, no evidence is provided for this. If it existed, it probably wouldn't even be understood. Instead, they get a louder and more growly sound, and that's enough for the consumer.

Can't really blame the companies for giving the consumers what they want, but I do blame and accuse them all of shameless short-termism. I would like to see a Toyota-like product development ethic, but instead they're always focussing on their Youtube presentations and sponsorship. None of these companies have ever recalled a single product, as far as I know. They take your money, and run. That's why I always buy Japanese and not British (aka Chinese).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum