TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftermarket drill batteries

Should Get Out More demographic's Avatar
    The largest and happiest city in England...
    Liked 1,178 in 722 posts

Default Re: Aftermarket drill batteries

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    christ, that's spendy. I have the 18v Dewalt batteries & they both crapped out the same week. New ones are $38 each.
    The last De-Walt batteries I bought were a hundred and thirty quid for two.
    They were tge five amp hour ones but I'm pretty the US always gets them cheaper.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 2,893 in 1,542 posts

I've looked into the adaptor to use the newer batteries and the genuine dewalt one only appears to be on sale in the USA and Canada.
    You can get aftermarket ones here but then run into the same issue as aftermarket batteries.

Liked 1,102 in 759 posts
    Blog Entries

wait for a deal inc extra battery on a makita 18V. Use batteries alternately as you would your work shoes.

Mate of mine was bequeathed his mate's makita with a pair of batteries. Still going strong & daily use. God knows how old it is-years. It is a thing, as far as drills go, of joy to use & can get into widths & lengths that other drills can't.

Liked 2,893 in 1,542 posts

I've bit the bullet and ordered a 22 one from amazon with same day free delivery with Prime. I'll put it on charge on an extension lead out in the garden the first time
    Had lots of good reviews so we'll see how it goes. If it works I'll order a few as I've got the drill, jigsaw and torch all using the same batteries and they are all still in really good nick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum