TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tell me about the S4RS

Liked 3,255 in 1,757 posts

Default Re: Tell me about the S4RS

Probably.
    Although I think it's more about the overall experience than the actual bike.
    An old Brit bike would have a sense of occasion. And would probably keep me fit pushing it.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 1,753 in 888 posts

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    I've currently got this in my watch list...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/142390043560
    That is bloody gorgeous

4. The following user liked this post made by Noggin:

At Work
    Liked 236 in 144 posts

6. The following 4 users liked this useful post by Eclipse:

Liked 4,349 in 2,521 posts

I reckon one of these would be 'fun' and I imagine if you did the right deal on one depreciation would be almost non-existent.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harley-Dav...-/122512294343

8. The following user liked this post made by KungFooBob:

Liked 2,797 in 1,536 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    On my list..

10. The following user liked this post made by GiantPygmy:

Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    I reckon one of these would be 'fun' and I imagine if you did the right deal on one depreciation would be almost non-existent.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harley-Dav...-/122512294343
    Some years ago I started to have a serious look at getting one of these and doing a special. There will be a thread on it somewhere.
    A shop near me had one in and I had spoken to all sorts of people about doing the work to make it into something funky - but I test rode the standard one in the shop and it was awful. It had no redeeming features, it had a crap riding position, a poor engine, vibrates like hell, isn't fast, it's heavy, etc.
    So I ended up with a 350LC that I paid to have turned into a hybrid - I think it was the best decision.

Liked 757 in 503 posts

Having owned a TZR250 and having ridden a few other 2 smokes like RGV's (albeit a couple of decades ago) I'd agree in a fashion that a 690 is probably to similar a bike. Different don't get me wrong as in some ways they are chalk and cheese but as a riding experience they do very similar things ie low speed fun, good acceleration sensation, light, good handling. The reason I own a 690 is that it seems to me to be a modern embodiment of the old 250 two strokes.

On the more recent suggestions a Brit bike would be very cool, or a Guzzi V7 although not the Café as its a bit too bling city for me.

13. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

The 690 Weeksy posted up has me swinging between "Ooh that's lovely and I have to have it" to five minutes later thinking what's the point, it's too focused and I'd probably choose one of the two strokes to ride and it wouldn't get used.

Ive never ridden one though and as a short arse I literally can't touch the floor on the enduro version I sat on in the shop out here.

Liked 5,970 in 3,477 posts

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    The 690 Weeksy posted up has me swinging between "Ooh that's lovely and I have to have it" to five minutes later thinking what's the point, it's too focused and I'd probably choose one of the two strokes to ride and it wouldn't get used.

Ive never ridden one though and as a short arse I literally can't touch the floor on the enduro version I sat on in the shop out here.
    That's why a Duke makes more sense for you, the 690 SMCR is without doubt too tall for you without you hot-stepping, sorry mate but it is... However, due to your MX experience i think you may cope with it ?

However, i'm not sure it would give you what you're looking for in some ways as it's not a small nostalgia single. But KTM dealers are generally VERY open to test rides, very open to letting people out for decent length rides.

But the Duke is without doubt a decent seat height for you, they're holding money well, but not quite as well as the SMCR, but they also cost £3000 less to buy. You can buy a decent Duke for £4000. I'm the first to admit though, it's not as cool.

the good thing is that IMO the KTMs are more than happy to be sat round waiting for you, they'll work happily and not complain about being left for a month or several.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Go Back to Forum My Forum