TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Tell me about the S4RS

Liked 6,481 in 3,774 posts

Default Re: Tell me about the S4RS

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    I think I've found my bike.
    No money has exchanged hands and it's all subject to the bike being as described, but I've had a lovely chat with the fella that's selling it and he's a really nice bloke, very genuine and a proper enthusiast. He's owned the bike for about 30yrs, it's all original and I did a quick background check on it and it all ties up with his description.
    Most importantly, it feels right

I really hope this works out, there is no rush, there is no hard sell, no grabbing at cash and after 30yrs of ownership I really don't think he wants to sell it as much as I want to buy it, so it all feels rather relaxed. It will either be, or it won't be, although I think we reached an agreement.

I don't have a proper decent quality picture of it yet, but it looks like this...(except the red is more maroon, not bright like that one and there is no red on the wheels)

For those that know the bikes, it's the A7 plunger, with the new motor (497cc not the 495cc).
    It's 65yrs old.

It sounds like this (although this a rigid frame so it isn't the actual one either)...

Spoiler
    So then.. what happend ?

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 3,701 in 1,975 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    So then.. what happend ?
    I'm not quite sure.

I had a good long chat with the bloke and he said he'd send me some better pictures, so I assumed that would be in a day or so, but he did say he was busy and was going away for the weekend, so I expected to get them on Sunday or Monday. But nothing, so I sent him a text message a couple of days ago and still no reply, no pictures, etc.
    The advert is still up, so I presume he hasn't sold it, but I don't know. He also said he was going on holibobs for a couple of weeks as well (on the 6th June IIRC).

He did seem exceptionally relaxed about it all, no rush to part with it, plus he knows I'm not back for a few weeks - although I did say that if the pictures stood up to scrutiny then I'd wire over a deposit immediately.

So I'm guessing it's either that it's sold to someone who turned up with cash, or he's not in any rush at all and it's too much hassle dealing with me from a distance, or there is a problem with the bike and the pictures don't reflect his description, or something...the lack of communication is giving me the hump a bit though, it's impolite if nothing else.
    People are strange I suppose, if I'm doing a deal then I want action and a quick result, but some people will just sit back and not be in any rush at all.
    If I haven't heard by the time I go to France on the 10th then I'll consider it dead in the water - although if I still haven't bought anything when I get home I'll still give him a ring to see if he's still got it and wants to do a face to face deal.

There are plenty of bikes out there, but you really have to sort the wheat from the chaff, this looks lovely...

Liked 6,481 in 3,774 posts

I'm with you, if i want a deal i want it there and then... and i do mean THEN.... like right now.. Not "oh i'll call you in a few days"... by then i've already got buyers remorse and bailed out of the deal in my head. That's happened literally a dozen times with me... If we can do the deal, hand over my card/cash while i'm in the impulse stage, then i'm doing it... If not... then forget it.

5. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Liked 3,701 in 1,975 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    I'm with you, if i want a deal i want it there and then... and i do mean THEN.... like right now.. Not "oh i'll call you in a few days"... by then i've already got buyers remorse and bailed out of the deal in my head. That's happened literally a dozen times with me... If we can do the deal, hand over my card/cash while i'm in the impulse stage, then i'm doing it... If not... then forget it.
    That's what's happened on the last few for me.
    I'm actually glad the Norton and the RG500 didn't work out, because now I'm thinking I probably wouldn't be that happy with them.

I'm still keen on this BSA though, so if I don't buy anything between now and sitting at home one day when I haven't got much on, I might give him a call to see if he's still got it. At that stage there will be no mincing about, it will be a conversation where I say I'm coming over today with the money and we'll either do a deal or I'm not leaving my chair.

In fairness though that's what he might be thinking right now, he perhaps can't be arsed with some bloke 5,000 miles away who wants to send a few hundred quid over and then collect it in a few weeks - along with the risk that I might pull my face when I get there and mess him about, then demand my deposit back.
    He probably just wants a buyer to turn up with cash, inspect the bike, do a deal and ride off.

7. The following user liked this post made by icarus1859:

Liked 822 in 544 posts

Not worth a quick call? Appreciate it shouldn't be necessary but if you want it then it might help show you're serious even though not in the UK at the min. Plus if he's older then it might explain delay in pics/messages. Some (not all) can be slightly tech challenged

9. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Go Back to Forum My Forum