TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Driverless car trials

Should Get Out More
    Liked 580 in 353 posts

Default Re: Driverless car trials

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Dyson...

"400 staff have been working on the secret project for the past two years... the car does not yet exist, with no prototype built, and a factory site is yet to be chosen... Important details that are undecided or secret include the firm's expected annual production total, the cost of the car, or its range or top speed."

What was that you sent me about goal-oriented planning?

Mind you, with the price of his hoovers, he's got a few bob to burn.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    Liked 1,946 in 1,296 posts

Default Re: Driverless car trials

Couple of tales from autobiographies . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spin Doctor View Post
    What was that you sent me about goal-oriented planning?
    Sir John Harvey-Jones, while at ICI. The company was building two effectively-identical plants, one in the UK, one in Japan. Both started about the same time, both completed about the same time.

The Brits dived in, startde building, but had several major rethinks and tore stuff down and rebuilt.
    The Japs sat and thought, and thought, and thought, then built it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spin Doctor View Post
    Mind you, with the price of his hoovers, he's got a few bob to burn.
    He tells of going into a local [to his home] department store (I'd guess in Bath?) which supposedly stocked his vacuum cleaners. There were none. He asked a salesman, who explained that their customers much preferred the alternative. So he asked management whether he could do a sales training session for the staff?

When he arrived, the first thing he did was buy a vacuum cleaner made by the 'other company'. And during the training session he got a lump hammer out of his bag and showed how brittle the 'other' machine's plastic was and how strong his machine's plastic was

FWIW, my Dyson broke, out of warranty. I sent it back, expecting to pay. They said "No, we found a problem, so have put in a new motor for free". I thought I was the one who'd killed it, sucking up builders rubble

But there's no denying that some of them are pug-ugly, and my FiL's upright one is a pain to use I wonder whether a real person ever tested the 'design'

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Go Back to Forum My Forum