TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.

Thread: Compressor recommendation

Liked 3,723 in 1,983 posts

Default Compressor recommendation

I've been meaning to get one for ages but finally decided to get a compressor.
    I wasn't sure how handy it would be so got a relatively inexpensive one, it's from Machine Mart, the Clarke Ranger 7/240 2hp 24L.

By golly its a useful little thing.
    I only use it for little jobs but runs air tools ok, spray gun and is incredibly useful for blowing off crap when you're doing jobs. It's also pretty compact too.

Anyway, not much more to add but if you're thinking of getting one then its pretty good for what it is IMHO.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Liked 5,337 in 2,878 posts

Default Re: Compressor recommendation

Yup, I have a small compressor I got from Aldi or Lidl about 15 years ago. I mainly use it to fit tyres and clear drains but have used ti to spray decking and fence panels. I got a puncture in my ZX9r years ago and had to leave it at work. Popped up that evening with a plug set and the compressor fully charged in the boot and plugged the tyre and inflated it and rode it home whilst the Mrs drove the car back!

Its not something I use that often, but if it dies it'll be replaced straightaway.

Liked 843 in 587 posts

I use mine a lot. I have a 24l and a 100l.

Liked 936 in 567 posts

I'm now at 3 running compressors and 2 "project" ones. I wouldn't want to go back to not having air on tap.

6. The following user liked this post made by Big Pete:

Liked 31 in 21 posts

I've had a Clarke Ranger 46 for a while in my home workshop. Handy as you say, although no good for high usage such as sandblasting or continuous use tools.

I got one of those cheap nail guns from Aldi (or Lidl) and surprised by how much use it gets.

First thing to do was change the outlet tap, it can now be foot operated. http://village.photos/images/user/dd...94f249d598.JPG

Liked 508 in 293 posts

I currently have 4:
    60gal Devilbiss
    21gal Horrible Fright (on wheels)
    Some ancient small thing that I can pick up with one hand for running airbrushes, $10 at a yard sale.
    Much newer small thing for running supplied air respirator when painting with the good shit.

Liked 508 in 293 posts

Change the drain on the bottom. Fit a 90deg elbow, a bit of pipe long enough to poke out from the elbow so you can see it & fit a ball valve to the end.

One of the advantages to this set up is that it makes it easier to drain...

The other is that you can see the valve & won't have to reach under the tank & risk grabbing hold of a Black Widow.... May not apply to your location though

10. The following user liked this post made by ZRX61:

Go Back to Forum My Forum