TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: F*** Up Fairy strikes again - Ouchy :(

Really Bored
    Liked 545 in 319 posts

Default Re: F*** Up Fairy strikes again - Ouchy :(

Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    Sadly, Im having to wash myself!!! Which I'm managing. What I REALLY want to do is wash my hair!!!! So even thothe nurse said it was ok to get wet, I should try not to for a bit longer?

Sounds like a good excuse for a twice a week wash and blow dry at the hair salon to me ;-)

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
  3. The following user liked this post made by Gem:

Liked 1,977 in 982 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    Sounds like a good excuse for a twice a week wash and blow dry at the hair salon to me ;-)
    Cant afford that!! I'm struggling to justify once a week!!!! LOL Except that it feels soooooooo good to have clean hair!!! LOL (I usually wash it every day!!)

Liked 2,020 in 1,446 posts

Sadly, Im having to wash myself!!! Which I'm managing. What I REALLY want to do is wash my hair!!!! So even thothe nurse said it was ok to get wet, I should try not to for a bit longer?
    If you can avoid it then don't. Or do it under the shower. Healing comes first.

6. The following user liked this post made by irie:

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 3,194 in 2,056 posts

Do remember your shoulder is banjaxed, don't reach up to your noggin, er, noggin, with the knackered one in the throws of a warm soapy deluge.

8. The following user liked this post made by mrlongbeard:

Really Bored
    Liked 545 in 319 posts

Are you able to wash it with a shower attachment or a mug over the bath. Wear a raincoat to keep your shoulder dry

10. The following user liked this post made by Gem:

Liked 1,977 in 982 posts

Quote Originally Posted by irie View Post
    If you can avoid it then don't. Or do it under the shower. Healing comes first.
    ok. I'll get it covered before i go in!

Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    Do remember your shoulder is banjaxed, don't reach up to your noggin, er, noggin, with the knackered one in the throws of a warm soapy deluge.
    Don't worry, I wont forget!! I'm going to get a sling made up with a bandage first, then do the same after with a dry bandage so the p[roper sling can be washed!!!

Tomorrow is a rest day as I've done a fair bit today, so it'll be, get clean then a sofa day while the proper sling dries, then back into the real one when it isnt smelly and yucky!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    Are you able to wash it with a shower attachment or a mug over the bath. Wear a raincoat to keep your shoulder dry
    Sadly, here it isn't particularly easy to sort, hence going to the hairdresser. It's not just where and how (there's no bath here), but I'm really not comfortable leaning forward for very long - all the wrong pressures through then new bit!!

but it's a reasonably roomy shower, so we're going to angle the shower to the good side and cover the scar so I can wash my hair without getting it wet and have a 'light' shower as well. Which will be really nice!!!

12. The following user liked this post made by Noggin:

Liked 2,020 in 1,446 posts

Good, a sensible and practical solution. In the grand scheme of things a few weeks of inconvenience is neither here nor there.

14. The following user liked this post made by irie:

Liked 1,977 in 982 posts

Quote Originally Posted by irie View Post
    Good, a sensible and practical solution. In the grand scheme of things a few weeks of inconvenience is neither here nor there.
    Agreed! one full month now!! already bored, especially with the bastard compression socks that everyone has a different answer for the question "how long do I have to wear these?".

TBH - if I could get rid of those, I'd be a much happier bird!! I get the arm thing and will do everything right to get that to heal well. The socks seem pointless given that I'm pretty mobile!! When I needed them was the time before the operation when I really was virtually immobile!!! But no one suggested them then!!

Liked 3,408 in 2,143 posts
    Blog Entries

I'm amazed there hasn't been a queue of volunteers to help you shower properly

17. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:

Liked 1,977 in 982 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    nope.

Anyway, I succeeded without getting the scar wet Had to take the compression socks off, now to try and decide whether to get my friend to put them back on of leave them off!! LOL

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,294 in 1,514 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Well, if it weren't for the huge water puddle between us...

20. The following user liked this post made by Bwana:

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Go Back to Forum My Forum